bypass screen time

MarcusBBB

My son gets past any screen time solution I've used by using msconfig on windows to disable the service.

Hello @MarcusBBB

Welcome!

Please tell us: 

1. KSK version, on the Windows Taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the KSK icon, select About
  2. Windows version & build, refer: How to find the version of your operating system
  3. Which child age template have you configured for your son please? 
  4. Post a full screen screen image of the Windows Family & other users screen please - hide your son’s name ? 
  5. When you say “My son gets past any screen time solution I've used by using msconfig on windows to disable the service”, do you mean other parent control apps, as well as KSK? 
  6. Is KSK Premium or Free? 

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Actually I was probably writing a little in haste. I have not yet tried Kaspersky, but have used others that have been easy to work around by a determined teenage kid.

I want to try Kaspersky, but wanted to understand if Kaspersky is protected from this type of manipulation.

If it is protected I'd put it on today

Hello @MarcusBBB

Thank you for posting back!

1. Make sure the device meets the KSK hardware & software requirements
  2. Create a Windows local/standard account for your son → very important. 
  3. Install KSK Premium trial so you can fully test the product, the Free version has limitations, you will not be able to see/use all of KSK’s features. 
  4. Install KSK exactly as instructed by the documentation
  5. Initial setup of Kaspersky Safe Kids
  6. Configure KSK exactly as instructed by the documentation.
  7. IF you son is able to bypass KSK using msconfig, make a video of him doing so & share it with us. 
  8. IF there’s any issues with KSK, please provide the information we previously requested

• Any questions, please ask? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

As long as your child’s account is set to being an Administrator on the PC there are many powerful tools available to them to disable Kaspersky or anything else.  Msconfig, Cmd, Powershell, SC, Net, Regedit, and others.  They must be set to a plain User account.

• Joe

Hello @JoeLansing,

Welcome! 

1. As we advised in step 2. above “Create a Windows local/standard account for your son → very important.”
  2. IF a child’s PC account has been set with admin authority KSK documentation has not been followed
  3. No child should have access to admin/elevated accounts on a PC/laptop/notebook, that parents are wishing to manage the child via a parental control app, nothing could be clearer. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

The problem I've had has always been that a number of games and programs don't work effectively for a standard user.

I suppose I will have to set him as a standard user and deal with the general raft of stuff not working.

​​​​​​Thanks for help

Hello @MarcusBBB

You’re most welcome!

1. IF KSK is not installed with the child profile as standard/local, the product will not work as designed. 
  2. IF KSK is not installed with the child profile as standard/local & a situation arose where you needed to seek support from the technical team, you’d be advised to install KSK as per documentation, before proceeding. 
  3. IF you let us know what the “stuff not working”, is, we’ll try to test & offer solutions if we can. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋