App blocking by time needed

SST

Time for Kaspersky kids to get with it! Competitors are stepping up! I have only done a cursory search as I am looking for alternatives and this competitor just released rudimentory app blocking by time. I am sure they must be working on expanding this. Description from a review below (removed the app name).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For app-blocking settings on Android, Windows, and macOS devices,  Search for apps your child has used across any of their supported devices. Instead of pre-populating a list of common apps, add apps to the list as your child starts using them.

For any app entry on the list, you can toggle whether you'd like to apply no restrictions, set a total time limit for each day of the week, or just block it outright. This feature could be useful if you wanted to always let your kid access the calculator app for homework, but wanted to keep the time they spend on social media to a minimum, without totally locking them out. We had no issues blocking apps on our Windows and Android test devices. 

I really like Kaspersky’s security suite but this issue may unfortunately drive me from their products. Please do this….

Another one:

Looks like one of the biggest players in software is in beta adding time controls by app.
So this is an industry trend!

From their site:

Find screen time balance: Screen time limits

Set screen time limits across Windows and Xbox devices. Or if your kids will be on devices longer for things like online learning, you can set limits on specific apps or games instead.2 Now when you say only one hour of a certain game, that really means one hour of that game—whether that’s being played on a Windows PC, Xbox, or Android phone. And if they run out of screen time, they can ask for more. You have the choice to add more time or not based on what is right for your family.

app blocking by time.

Find screen time balance: Manage screen time limits, across multiple devices

Hello SST, 

Welcome back!

Have you ever raised a Feedback, I have a complaint request with Kaspersky Technical Support? If “no”, please do so, Kaspersky heavily relies on cases logged, we’ve frequently had them tell us, “as you’re the only parents requesting this, it’s not a “popular” request”, that’s despite the fact there’s dozens of comments, in their forums for the same / similar features. 

To your request, we also recommend including Application category - time management, time scheduling → across all platforms

1.  A detailed history
  2. What caused the problem?
  3. Did you try to solve the problem? How?
  4. Why is the change/feature required?
  5. How would it help parents?
  6. How would it help children? 
  7. Text from an error message? Screen shot? Video?
  8. Community topic URL?

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.
  • Note: the process may take a very long time, each request is measured against many benchmarks and not all requests are successful. 
  • When feedback from the Kaspersky Technical Team is available, please share it here in the Kaspersky Community? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello @SST

Thank you for being proactive👌

There is “feedback” from Kaspersky experts, in sections of the Community, that “indicate” the issues are  being worked on, however, the information is not consistent, and does not match information received from their level 1 team. 

Be alert to the Kaspersky “process”, they will close INCs if a response is not received in a 5 day period, and they frequently close, Feedback incs → (ioo) that is a problem, because, if they are working on the INC & it’s not developed, should you need to follow-up,  the first thing you’ll be told is the INC is closed, furthermore, they may open a new INC → to “help” you🙄

If you get an outcome, please share it with the Community? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋