Android Samsung Control Lock Screen makes notification pull down opaque

rufeo690

Hello, I have a Samsung Galaxy S9 running Android version 9. It is running safe kids version 1.24.0.1566. Something about the lock screen control seems to be affecting the notification bar pull down screen. The screen whites out behind the pull down screen and is quite delayed at returning to the app running behind the pull down after the pull down is closed. Is there any way to return this pull down to transparent?

Samsung Galaxy S9 running Android version 9. Safe kids version 1.24.0.1566. Something about the lock screen control seems to be affecting the notification bar pull down screen. The screen whites out behind the pull down screen and is quite delayed at returning to the app running behind the pull down after the pull down is closed. Is there any way to return this pull down to transparent?
Hello rufeo690, Welcome! Thanks for the comprehensive information:clap_tone3: Few things to check:
  1. Is the S9 used for KSK Child or Parent?
  2. Has KSK just been installed?
  3. Does S9 have any other background or screen control apps installed?
S9 Settings,on all the checks, there is (I think) a density slider to control "whiteouts"
  1. Check DISPLAY settings
  2. Check NOTIFICATION settings
  3. Check ACCESSIBILITY, NOTIFICATIONS settings
  4. Check USER ACCOUNT CONTROL permissions
  5. Check KSK permissions
  1. If you change/modify any settings, reboot, SHUTDOWN (not RESTART) s9, restart, recheck.
  2. If the issue persists, uninstall KSK, reboot, SHUTDOWN (not RESTART) s9, restart, download & install KSK, reboot, SHUTDOWN s9, restart, recheck.
Please let me know 1 to 3, and please post back if the issue persists? Thank you:pray_tone3:

Thank you very much Flood! 1. The S9 is used as a Child 2. I ran KSK for a long time on this device with no issues. When I noticed this issue I slowly went through the uninstall steps to see where the issue goes away. When I removed the admin rights of KSK the issue went away for about 20 seconds then returned. When I fully uninstalled KSK it went away entirely. Now I have a fresh install. The S9 restarts automatically every night so I have done that as well. 3. Only the stock apps and KSK are actively controlling the screen. I did not change from the original wallpaper until after I noticed the issue. Then I changed to two other default wallpapers to troubleshoot. I have combed the settings and Google search results but the issue is fairly clearly originating from KSK. To clarify the issue, it seems like a blank screen app gets opened every time I pull down the notification drawer. Then when I close it the app gets closed after the drawer closes. It doesn't look like the drawer is opaque as would happen in the settings for the drawer.

3. Only the stock apps and KSK are actively controlling the screen. To clarify the issue, it seems like a blank screen app gets opened every time I pull down the notification drawer. Then when I close it the app gets closed after the drawer closes. It doesn't look like the drawer is opaque as would happen in the settings for the drawer.
Hello rufeo690, Thank you for replying and the comprehensive information:clap_tone3:
  1. Please install Mobizen Screen Recorder for SAMSUNG, capture the issue and upload the file please?
  2. Could you list the "stock apps" please?
  3. Is there any Anti-Virus software installed?
Please post back? Thank you:pray_tone3:

1. Done, I have attempted to upload, though it isn't obvious if it accepted the file. [Edit: doesn't accept mp4. Will try another format] 2. I'm only aware of "Settings" by Samsung and the stock launcher, I think it is called "TouchWiz". 3. No anti virus installed.

Here we go
Hello rufeo690, Thank you, great ?:clap_tone3: Regarding upload of files to the portal, if there's an issue, zip the problem file & upload the .zip, alternatively, upload to cloud & post link Few questions (again:wink:):
  1. Does the issue happen if you sign into S9 with parent account?
  2. Please clarify "The S9 restarts automatically every night" - when did auto-restart begin happening?
  3. Why?
  4. Are "blank screen app gets opened every time I pull down the notification drawer" & nightly auto-restart related in anyway?
  5. Smarthings version?
  6. With Smarthings uninstalled, does the issue happen?
  7. In the movie I can't see how the "notification drawer" is being pulled down, can you clarify/detail please? (or is it my poxy ?? Do I need new ? ?)
  8. Is there an actual name for "blank screen app" ?
  9. Does "blank screen app gets opened every time I pull down the notification drawer", compromise the KSK functions in any way?
  10. What configurations are set for S9 Child, any/all, to do the testing, are you "clearing" all limitations, for example, device use time, is that inactivated while you're testing the issue?
I've teste on 1 android, not replicable, I'm about to bribe the other android owner to do a second test, the issue is costing me ???:rofl: Please post back when you have time? Thanks!

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I’m having the exact same issue on my kids Samsung Galaxy S10e. Have you resolved this in the meantime? As a workaround, the behaviour disappeared when disabling one of the advanced permissions asked for during the installtion process (I think the show above other apps).

Of course that’s not a real solution, but as I’m only using KSK for usage statistics and info regarding inappropriate content, this should work for me. But I’m curious if someone has found a better solution.

Hello @DGChris74,

Welcome!

I’m not able to replicate on Android devices I have. 

Regarding “disabling one of the advanced permissions asked for during the installtion process”, I agree it’s not the best solution. 

➡ If KSK is licensed, it would be good to raise the issue with Kaspersky Technical Support; the Support Team will request an AIDA64 report, they may ask for you to install a KSK Debug version, a full history and video please?

Please let us know what they advise please?

Thank you🙏