4 Very Important Missing Features: Common Device Limits, Scheduling AND Time Limits Together, Choose Allowed Scheduling, Copy Schedules [moved]

AnnmarieP

There are 4 major missing features:

1. Common Device Limits
    This has been brought up before but is really important, the ability to limit usage for a child profile for ALL devices together, so they can choose which device to use their time for. (Child A has 2 hours and can choose to spend 1.5 hours on his PC and .5 on the tablet)

2. Scheduling AND Time Limits Together
    Currently you have to choose either a time limit or a schedule. But life doesnt work out that easily where you have a set time to use something, homework and chores might take longer that expected, etc. but if you account for that then they could end up with a lot of extra screen time. You should be able to set:

Child A = 2 total hours of screen time between the hours of 10AM and 8PM

3. Choose Allowed Scheduling
    Currently when you set scheduling up, you can only choose when to block the child. This is confusing and counterproductive, as we cannot just say they are allowed from 6pm to 8pm, but we have to set 2 schedules that they are not allowed from 12am to 6pm and also not allowed from 8pm to 12am. If you have different schedules for different days, this gets confusing really fast. It should be by allowed times. (This is MUCH less of a problem if #2 is implemented, AND the next one #4)

4. Copy Schedules
    Because of the difficulty of setting up schedules, and how it can get really complicated even if you implement the 3 things above, you should be able to copy schedules (at the very least) from one childs device to another childs device. 

These are massive missing functionalities that make this app go from having a ton of potential, to being borderline unusable. (We have 4 kids)

Hello @AnnmarieP,

Welcome!

Thank you for raising the issues. 

You’re absolutely correct, atm, KSK Device Use feature leaves a lot to be desired.

!. 2. & 3. have previously been escalated to KSK developers, unfortunately, no eta is available.

I’ll add 4. to the existing request, it’s a very good idea.

As soon as feedback is received from the KSK developers, I’ll update your post. 

Also, I’ve requested the Moderators move the Topic to Kaspersky Safe Kids, that way, anyone searching for information your Topic covers, will be able to view your Topic, even if they’re not a Community Member, many (non Community Members/Parents) do web searches for information, if the Topic remains in "Suggestions to the Community”, the information is not “visible”. 

Thank you🙏 

Hello  @AnnmarieP,

Reply from: Kaspersky Lab Support experts, Saturday, 11 January 2020 16:53

quote:

We have received an update (from the developer team) that the time to make the feature of being able to configure daily usage duration limit for a given time period is yet to be determined. However, the developer team is aware of the requirement to implement the feature. All the other suggestions have also be submitted as well.

unquote

In other words, no progress, close to 12 months…. 🤐

Note: 3 of the  “other suggestions”, are pre-existing. KLSE, appear to have forgotten this🤐 .

• 1 month later...

Hi

These are exactly the features that I have been trying to find in Safe Kids. Grouping of child’s devices and setting the time limit for the group instead of individual device. Also being able to set the time range(s) when the restricted leisure activities would be available for the kids. Can’t emphasize the importance of these features enough and for the sake of long customer relationship they should be included in the product development with haste.

Hi Pexe,

Welcome!

Regarding: 

“ set the time range(s) when the restricted leisure activities would be available for the kids “, do you mean the Device Use Time🤔

• If not, please post back with examples to enable me to understand please?

Thank you🙏

Regarding:  “ Grouping of child’s devices and setting the time limit for the group instead of individual device. ”

• The Kaspersky Safe Kids Developers are aware of the issue.

Unfortunately, change/progress is very slow.

If you wish to raise a request via the Kaspersky Technical Team, who forward all requests to the Developers.

• The more people who communicate directly with the Kaspersky Technical Team, the more likely they are to give Parental concerns some attention. 

I’ve created a new Request template for guidance: 

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human🕵 will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Please let us know the outcome when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hi Flood

Thank you for your response. With “ set the time range(s) when the restricted leisure activities would be available for the kids “  I refer to item 2 in the original post by Annmarie: restricting  games/internet/etc to a total of 1 hour within a time window, e.g. 4 pm - 8 pm. In other words, kids would be able to watch youtube for 1 hour during this 4-hour window.

I will post a development request as you suggested.

Hello @Pexe,

Thank you for replying, explaining & confirming followup with escalating to the KSK Developers👏

• With the request you submit, you may choose to define as “I have a suggestion” or “I have a complaint”, entirely your choice…. Also, the template, select the Operating system that matches (most closely) your requirements. 
  • Please include Scheduling AND Time Limits Together  in your request, it will remind the Developers (hopefully)🤔
  • Please do update us with their feedback when it’s available? 
  • Unfortunately, even tho the Scheduling AND Time Limits Together has been with the Developers for a long time & they’re aware it’s been requested by many Parents, there’s been no progress beyond them saying “ the developer team is aware of the requirement to implement the feature “🤐

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• 2 months later...

Добрый день!

Господа когда Вы уже сделаете Common Device Time Limits ?

Скоро будет уже год как это дело запросили. Ну неужели так тяжко добавить пару логических условий и пару мат. вычислений для этого условия, тем более что это server-side? Ну в чём с точки зрения программирования состоит сложность? Это фича очень нужна так как у детей есть несколько устройств и каждый раз перераспределять по их запросу время это сущий ад.

Спасибо большое за понимание.

Hello @AnnmarieP@Pexe@Silencer,

FYI: 

Update: according to the KSK version 1.0.5, patch e release notes:

• Combining the schedule of device use and device use limitations is now available in patch e.

Unquote. 

Note: even tho the documented patch e release date is May 12th, 2020@Mikhail Shakhov has advised “Patch E will be published soon: May 21st, 2020 (100% target delivery) “ .

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Я конечно понимаю что устройства должны быть онлайн и получать временной лимит с сервера. Логично будет сделать в управлении сервис Common Device Time Limits FOR ONLINE DEVICES дабы клиенты понимали что только онлайн устройства возможно ограничить и не вызывало вопросов. Родитель задает обязательно ограничение как раньше по устройствам и если хочет задает и для всех устройств более приоритетное условие по времени. Если ребёнок хитёр и не подключает инет то у него сработает первое условие а если он не догадался то получает общий лимит с рефрешом. Да я уверен что у Вас есть идеи намного лучше и реализация тоже толковее будет.

Спасибо.

Hello @AnnmarieP@Pexe@Silencer,

FYI: 

Update: according to the KSK version 1.0.5, patch e release notes:

• Combining the schedule of device use and device use limitations is now available in patch e.

Unquote. 

Note: even tho the documented patch e release date is May 12th, 2020@Mikhail Shakhov has advised “Patch E will be published soon: May 21st, 2020 (100% target delivery) “ .

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Good day FLOOD! I’ve got the “patch e” and nothing happend. No settings found for Overall Time Limit. The schedule is the same and time is limiting only for every device. So will be some changes? This is frustrating because I have to transfer time from one device to another and it’s more time consuming than limit kids manually.

Hello @Silencer,

Welcome again!

• (imo), everything to do with making KSK a tool that is useful for parents is frustrating; there appears to be minimal priority attentioned to addressing the many issues that have been escalated to the KSK developers. 
  • Patch e Time related change is, according to the release notes: “ combine the schedule of device use and device use limitations.“  only
  • Overall Time Limit change has not been developed in patch e. 
  • Just for my understanding, (I’ve yet to receive patch e), is it now possible to use Device Use Time & Time Schedule features combined?

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello  @gena00777

Welcome!

• Unless the process has changed, ordinarily a ⚠will show beside the KSK icon - see image, to apply the patch, shutdown the device, using Shutdown, not Restart. 

• After restarting the device & logging in, make sure the device is synchronized with the MyKaspersky account. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @Silencer

Thank you for the update👌

• Since applying patch e, has the device (your child uses) been fully powered off and on? 

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hmm as I understand the patch is only for Windows based KSK. So for Android device it did changed nothing.

All I wanted from KSK was Overall Time Limit and possibility to make Exception List for application so the choosen app wont eat up restriction time. In the next thread you explained how to enable app on android to be free to use on blocked device.

But for example latest KSK android - I limit 1H and make Zoom(application) allowed so if I use Zoom for 1H it will eat up my restriction time and then I can use it. But I dont want Zoom to eat restriction time. Zoom is used for online education so my Kid have online themes for 1H and then he is asking me to give him more time because he used it for edu. And I cant give because android device doesnt have the ‘request feature’. 

So can we have in one or another way Overall Time Limit For All Devices and Application Exception List so application from that list wont count as used time ?

Hello @Silencer,

Thank you for the update👌

For Android - according to the information available:

Parental Control & Kids GPS: Kaspersky SafeKids - updated May 20, 2020, v1.40.0.1673

We’ve fixed bugs and made performance improvements to make your experience with Kaspersky Safe Kids even better. We’ve made nighttime device use restrictions even simpler to set up. “

unquote

• Regarding  “We’ve made nighttime device use restrictions even simpler to set up.”, we have no idea what that means & there’s no supporting documentation to unravel the mystery.
  • Atm, Overall Time Limit For All Devices has not been developed or published.  
  • Application Exception already exists:
  1. Which Zoom app is being used please - post back with the URL from the Google Play Store; we’ll help you set up the exclusion.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Добрый день!

После обновлений по сути ничего не изменилось.

Либо лимит времени в день, либо интервал. А пользователи просили совместить эти два сценария.

Вероятно сначала человечество запустит миссию на Марс, а потом разработчики займутся данным вопросом 😀

Добрый день! После обновлений по сути ничего не изменилось. Либо лимит времени в день, либо интервал. А пользователи просили совместить эти два сценария. Вероятно сначала человечество запустит миссию на Марс, а потом разработчики займутся данным вопросом 😀

Good afternoon @gena00777 !
Hmmm🤔 , that's disappointing😖 .
Really need to get the patch to see what's going on... 
Re Mars, nope, (imo) they'll still be fluffing around with really important stuff, like green bear graphics. 

Edit additional: I’m sorry to reply in English, however, unfortunately I’ve been given strict instructions regarding using a translator to communicate with anyone, to wit “machine translated posts, this is not allowed for anyone”, I do hope you understand?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @AnnmarieP, @Pexe, @Silencer, @gena00777

• Results for patch e Device Use Time & Time Schedule combined - (atm), the change we can see: both options can be viewed at the same time, apart from that - zilch
Link

Link

• Maybe the word combined means something different to the developers😒
  • If anyone has any different results, please post here? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• 2 weeks later...