“Internet Security is part of the following app: Kaspersky Internet Security” pop up when uninstalling Kaspersky Antivius on mobile.

First thing, when I installed what was said to be “Kaspersky Antivirus” in the playstore it instead got renamed to “Internet Security” in the apps list.

What’s even more strange is that when I try to uninstall it through the app drawer, or whatever it’s called, it says that “Internet Security is part of the following app: Kaspersky Internet Security”. Though, when I look it up in the “Apps” section of the settings, even with the “Show System Apps” thing checked, it only has one “Kaspersky internet Security” there.

I’ve done scans with other mobile anti-viruses, like [removed] but they’ve found no malware.

Another issue I’ve been having is the ‘share’ screen randomly popping up after a scan. You can recreate the screen by going to a photo in “Gallery” or post on Reddit and clicking the share button.

Do I have some sort of hi-tech doppelganger malware or is this normal?

P.S- I have an Samsung android phone.

Hello @BigHotStud

Welcome again!

Read before you create a new topic!

1. For Android, in Google Play store, the KIS software name is Kaspersky Mobile Anti-virus   image 1.
  2. In Kaspersky’s home AV software range, there’s only Kaspersky Internet Security or Kaspersky Security Cloud → images  2. & 3. 
  3. For Android, in Google Play store, the KIS software named Kaspersky Mobile Anti-virus, installs as Kaspersky internet Security - that’s normal & as per design →  images 4. 5. & 6.
  4. Uninstalling KIS is only done properly, via the KIS application, 
  5. Re “share pop-up”, (for us), the share pop-up displays after selecting a file we wish to share, it has no relationship to installed KIS software, KIS does not react unless the file is infected… When we select the share link, we’re presented with all available apps that can be used as the share host → image 7. 
  6. Please post an image of the “share pop-up” issue, as you see it, we need to see what you see please? 
  7. (ioo), none of what you’ve described indicates any type of infection. 

• Why Kaspersky have decided to publish KIS as Kaspersky Mobile Anti-virus  (in Google Play Store), and in the process, confuse folks, is known only to them, (ioo), it’s a poor decision that could easily be rectified. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hello @BigHotStud

Welcome again!

Read before you create a new topic!

1. For Android, in Google Play store, the KIS software name is Kaspersky Mobile Anti-virus   image 1.
  2. In Kaspersky’s home AV software range, there’s only Kaspersky Internet Security or Kaspersky Security Cloud → images  2. & 3. 
  3. For Android, in Google Play store, the KIS software named Kaspersky Mobile Anti-virus, installs as Kaspersky internet Security - that’s normal & as per design →  images 4. 5. & 6.
  4. Uninstalling KIS is only done properly, via the KIS application, 
  5. Re “share pop-up”, (for us), the share pop-up displays after selecting a file we wish to share, it has no relationship to installed KIS software, KIS does not react unless the file is infected… When we select the share link, we’re presented with all available apps that can be used as the share host → image 7. 
  6. Please post an image of the “share pop-up” issue, as you see it, we need to see what you see please? 
  7. (ioo), none of what you’ve described indicates any type of infection. 

• Why Kaspersky have decided to publish KIS as Kaspersky Mobile Anti-virus  (in Google Play Store), and in the process, confuse folks, is known only to them, (ioo), it’s a poor decision that could easily be rectified. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

I found out what the whole “App is part of app” thing is:
java - Uninstalling app: "App is part of the following app: ..." Why is that? - Stack Overflow

It’s normal, I think.

Regarding the ‘share’ pop up, I can’t really recreate it since, again, it only happened around once a week or once a month, but it looked almost exactly like the screenshot you provided. It might’ve just been me accidentally pressing a wrong button or something, as the app never reported any infections. I’ve also, as I mentioned, done scans with a numerous amount (around 3-7 different apps) of other antivirus software and it never found any malware. The share randomly only pops up in the Kaspersky app. I think I should also mention that I use the free version.