Plugged in a possibly malicious USB, am I safe?

I recently plugged in a USB to reformat it. It had the windows set up files in it, but I set it up back on my old PC which no doubt has a lot of malware. Kaspersky did a quick scan as soon as I plugged it in and found nothing, though, it only scanned about 5 files instead of the 50+ that were in there. I've done a quick scan, 2x full scans and a background scan- nothing was found. AutoPlay is enabled on my computer. There were files on the USB and I reformated the USB not too long ago. Nothing weird happened after I plugged it in. Am I safe?

Hello @BigHotStud,

I think your computer did not get an unwanted visitor.

You have not executed any of the files from the stick. If something malicious would be started via autoplay, the program is first examined by 'Application Control' and stopped if it is suspected.

Since the scans did not find anything either, there is 99.9% certainty that nothing is there (no one can guarantee 100%).

21 minutes ago, Schulte said:

Hello @BigHotStud,

I think your computer did not get an unwanted visitor.

You have not executed any of the files from the stick. If something malicious would be started via autoplay, the program is first examined by 'Application Control' and stopped if it is suspected.

Since the scans did not find anything either, there is 99.9% certainty that nothing is there (no one can guarantee 100%).

I mean, I'm pretty sure I didn't execute anything. I also used the stick to install Windows before, so I know that there is a legitimate Windows Install file in it, I'm just not sure if it had any malware alongside in it.

Thanks for the reply, by the way!