Pop-ups from Kaspersky adverts. [Closed]

timf
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Recently I’ve started seeing popups from Kaspersky on my computer.  Are you kidding?  I got Kaspersky to stop popups, not to give me more.  

I assume this has been because of some setting which has been changed on default on a recent update.  I’ll tell you now Kaspersky - change it back or this will be my final subscription period.

19.0.0.1088(k) is the version.  

I have already disabled the adverts in the settings, but I shouldn’t have to - Kaspersky needs to understand that if someone has purchased its products to protect from time-wasting and intrusive adverts, the last thing they want is to have to take the time to change these settings themselves (and then report it on this forum).  

It’s the failing of the update that has allowed these defaults to change to be more intrusive.  

Don’t let it happen again please.

Hello   @timf
Thank you for posting back.
Without data, it's impossible (for us) to assist/determine the root cause, however, since you’re ascribing the issue to a K update, several things I can share with you:

1. If the system is not updating there may be an issue
  2. If you haven't recently done a software compatibility check, (has recently changed) & system requirements check (also has new info), it doesn't hurt to do so.
  3. v20 is out, up to patch G.
  4. v19 J release notes.

Regarding the various comments, we (the Kaspersky Community) absolutely always wish to hear from anyone using Kaspersky software, especially if there are problems, sometimes we can help, however, Kaspersky Technical Support are team to tell. 
Kaspersky Technical Support team & Kaspersky Community are two entirely separate entities

Thank you🙏

• 4 weeks later...

I receive this popup ad 2-3 times per day.

“Kaspersky Secure Connection

You have exceeded the limit of 300 MB per day

Secure connection will be available in 11 hours

Then there are 2 Options

1. Remove limitations - this takes me to your site trying to sell me something
  2. Close - this makes the same popup ad appear a few hours later

I’m pretty sure this was the idea of someone in your marketing department who does not understand your customer base.  Most of us are with you because of your engineers, not because we are susceptible to frivolous marketing efforts.

Thank you and sorry for the rant.

• Solution

Hello  @ZanG,

Welcome!

Kaspersky Secure Connection: Free version
The free version of Secure Connection is limited to 200 Mb of encrypted traffic per day (300 MB if the device is connected (once only) to My Kaspersky) for an unlimited number of devices, one automatically-chosen virtual server, advertizing & no Technical Support.

May I ask, have you activated/enabled Kaspersky Secure Connection or are the alerts happening without Kaspersky Secure Connection active?

Please let me know?

Thank you🙏

Hello @ZanG

Thank you for replying🙏

The quickest way to turn Kaspersky Secure Connection off is, via Windows Programs & Features, uninstall  Kaspersky Secure Connection, at the completion of the uninstall, reboot the computer. 

Please note, Kaspersky “packages”  Kaspersky Secure Connection with the main AV software, the next time KIS has a version update, it may happen that  Kaspersky Secure Connection “returns”, I know this will make you unhappy, I understand, (imo), the Kaspersky “add-ons”, should be presented as a “choice”, not automatically installed, however, it is what it is. I mention it so that, if in the future Kaspersky Secure Connection re-appears, you’ll know what’s going on.

Thank you🙏