How to block YouTube videos playing within the WhatsApp app

JR69

Hello. I do not allow my child to watch YouTube videos unsupervised and thus have YouTube website and app blocked in Safe Kids. HOWEVER, my child discovered that she can watch YouTube videos WITHIN the WhatsApp app (Android) if someone sends her a link (or she sends herself a link). I want her to be able to continue using WhatsApp, but to NOT allow any YouTube videos. Is there a way to block YouTube videos playing within the WhatsApp app? Thank you.

• 3 months later...

Hello @Davemontgomery

There’s no way to block YouTube videos playing within / piggybacking on another app, for example, the WhatsApp app. 

Accessing other apps, links, via Whatsapp, is known issue, has been in hand with Kaspersky experts, for long time = 14+ months, they’ve yet to come up with a solution. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

• 1 month later...

Hi. Is there any update on this issue? This is a MAJOR weakness of the Kaspersky Kids system. Thanks.

Hello @JR69

Correct, it is a major flaw in KSK. 

The issue has been formally in hand with Kaspersky experts for 1 year, 4 months & 4 days.

April 2020, their last response was “We shall provide an update as soon as it becomes available.”

Radio silence ever since. 

😠

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋