SSL (Solid State Logic) LICENSE Manger getting kicked out by KSP...FALSE POSITIVE?

The last two versions of Solid State Logic's (SSL) license Manger app have been kicked out by Kaspersky Internet.  In fact, I just installed v1.3.7 (is the latest) and got the same result as their previous license manager.  Of course, SSL is a well-known audio company with a large user base.  They make many of the mixing boards used in the best Music recording studios in the world.

I am using Win11, latest; Kaspersky Internet (latest updates) Note: I have no idea how to find the actual version; always a dilemma with this product; but I update regularly, so it's the latest.

I have not notified SL, yet...hoped the latest version might be good.  I was using this license manger in earlier versions...no problems. However, now I cannot install it without KSP removing it and telling me that it should be disinfected, and I need to restart.

Please advise...

Thanks.

SLS PROBLEM Screenshot 2024-05-08 131716.png

13 hours ago, 7777777 said:
  1. Win11, latest; Kaspersky Internet (latest updates) Note: I have no idea how to find the actual version; always a dilemma with this product; but I update regularly, so it's the latest.
  2. The last two versions of Solid State Logic's (SSL) license Manger app have been kicked out by Kaspersky Internet.  In fact, I just installed v1.3.7 (is the latest) and got the same result as their previous license manager. 
  • Of course, SSL is a well-known audio company with a large user base.  They make many of the mixing boards used in the best Music recording studios in the world.
  • I have not notified SL, yet...hoped the latest version might be good.  I was using this license manger in earlier versions...no problems. However, now I cannot install it without KSP removing it and telling me that it should be disinfected, and I need to restart.

Please advise... Thanks.

Hello @7777777

Welcome!

Let's deal with the easy things first: 

1. Finding a Kaspersky version, on the Windows taskbar -> hidden icons, right-click the Kaspersky icon, select About  OR, open Kaspersky Internet Security (KIS), on the lower-left-hand-side of the GUI, select the headset, this opens the Customer Service page, on the fourth line underneath the software name, is the application version; Kaspersky has written a guide for v21.6* onwards: How to find the name and the version number of a Kaspersky application
  2. We've tested with Kaspersky Premium & also get PDM:Trojan.Win32.Generic, please do the following: log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service, https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts  - on the support page, select either Chat or Email, then fill in template as shown in the image below; please include any screen images of the error & a *detailed history*. Support may request logs, READ: Files to send to Kaspersky technical support in case of PDM malware detection, traces & other data; they will guide youimage.thumb.png.963e993a00caed523563ee538fa4092b.png
  • Wait for the Virus Lab experts to report back to you - before reporting it to SSL; it may not be a genuine PDM; allow the lab some time to review:image.thumb.png.60887e0437ab5512794bd17b0d7fca94.png

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

3. KIS is Kaspersky's old software, v21.3, it's been replaced by Kaspersky STANDARD; Kaspersky have not yet announced an end-date for when KIS will be withdrawn - however - Database updates continue but *all* development work stopped when the *new* range was released; *AFTER* the PDM problem is fixed, IF (you) wish, come back & the Community will help get (your) KIS upgraded to Kaspersky Standard; the upgrade is free, read: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added image
  • Like 1