Your anti-virus program might have Impact on performance of Android Studio [Closed]

johnas
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

During build Android Studio reports:
Your anti-virus program might be impacting your build performance. Android Studio checked the following directories: C:\Users\...\.gradle C:\Users\...\.AndroidStudio3.5\system C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk
Detailed explanation: https://developer.android.com/studio/intro/studio-config?utm_source=android-studio#antivirus-impact How to solve this?

• Solution
During build Android Studio reports: Your anti-virus program might be impacting your build performance. Android Studio checked the following directories. How to solve this?
Hello johnas, Welcome! If you are absolutely sure about the safety of the application, you can force-add the application to the exclusions list. Keep in mind that by forcing the antivirus to ignore the potential danger, you are subjecting the computer data to the risk of infection. Even a perfectly legitimate app can be compromised. How to exclude an application from scanning Thank you.

Many thanks for your reply FLOOD The idea is to add above listed directories to exclude list, not Android Studio executable:

Minimize the impact of antivirus software on build speed

Some antivirus software can interfere with the Android Studio build process, causing builds to run dramatically slower. When you run a build in Android Studio, Gradle compiles your app’s resources and source code and then packages the compiled resources together in an APK. During this process, many files are created on your computer. If your antivirus software has real-time scanning enabled, the antivirus can force the build process to halt each time a file is created while the antivirus scans that file. To avoid this issue, you can exclude certain directories from real-time scanning in your antivirus software.

Many thanks for your reply FLOOD The idea is to add above listed directories to exclude list, not Android Studio executable:
Hello johnas, Thanks for posting back? You're very welcome! The "advice", is cautionary, if we were to say "add any exclusions", irrespective and an OP added a harmful object, they'd be ?. Have you added the directories? What system is KIS installed on? Please let me know? Thanks?

Using KIS 20.0.14.1085(c) on W10x64. Tried adding directories to Settings/Additional/Threats and Exclusions/Exclusions/Manage Exclusions, but the same warning in Android Studio pops out. Not sure should I fill something in Object field and what Protection components should be checked, see screenshot.

Hello johnas, (I take it) (1) C:\Users\User\gradle, the correct path has been added? Or is the correct path C:\Users\User ? --- I used
  1. 1) C:\Program Files\Process Hacker 2\ Exclusion added:
  1. 2) Scan, results of scan
  1. 3) Remove exclusion, rescan, see results, 1-kcloud-detections-test-no-exclusions.xlsx
  2. Is KIS detecting any of the objects you are building or is it https://developer.android.com/ ?
Their stated advice: If your antivirus software has real-time scanning enabled, the antivirus can force the build process to halt each time a file is created while the antivirus scans that file. To avoid this issue, you can exclude certain directories from real-time scanning in your antivirus software. Let me know please? Thanks.

So you have checked everything in "Protection components". ?Is it possible to disable just "real-time scanning" for such directories, instead of all components?
Hello johnas, I left the default. As you are "experimenting", my suggestion would be to select individual parameters, test each. & As you're building/compiling an app for an android environment, and striking issues with RealTime scanning, if you have licensed Kaspersky software, you may wish to consult Kaspersky Technical Support. Thank you.