Website Category not filtering the specified web categories.

Djay

I have unchecked some web categories like Adult Content , Anonymizers in URL advisors, But it does not blocking those urls as specified above. What to do now? I dont want to use Kaspersky safe kids. I want to filter out urls using URL advior. How can I solve my problem.

Hello @Djay,

Welcome!

• Unchecking Website categories Adult content & Anonymizers will result in Web Anti-Virus not displaying information about the website category in a comment on the link.
  • Is that what you want? 
  • If “no”, please explain/detail more the objective/your expectations, as unfortunately, it’s not clear?

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

By unchecking Web categories Adult Content & Anonumizers will result in Web Anti-Virus should not allow to open websites which falls under those two categories. 

But its not working  why? How it can be resolved

Hello @Djay,

Thank you for replying👌

Web Anti-Virus, Website categories, URL Advisor works as follows: 

• You can use the check boxes to select categories of websites about which you want for Web Anti-Virus to provide information in the form of a comment on links.
  • If this check box is selected, Web Anti-Virus displays information about the link category in a comment.
  • If this check box is cleared, Web Anti-Virus does not display information about the website category in a comment on the link.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

As in Kaspersky Internet Security , they have this option of filtering out web categories(becoz earlier I have Kaspersky Internet Security) . How come its not available in Total security. Is there any other options to block web categories in Kaspersky Total Security (without using Safe Kids). 

I dont know which version of KIS does contain Web Categories filtering. 1 week previously I just uninstalled my KIS which is updated to its latest version because my license expired. And upto that time the Web Category filtering still working fine.

But now I am using KTS 20.0.14.1085 (h) can you help how to activate the web category filtering. I really want that.

Hello  @Djay,

• KIS & KTS 19 Parental Control had Web Categories filtering. 
  • With KTS 20 you have the option of using Kaspersky Safe Kids, have you looked at it & compared it to what you used with KIS Parental Control? 
  • The other option is to uninstall KTS20, install KTS19, from KL Product builds, enable Parental Control, allow the software to do an in-place upgrade to KTS20, this normally happens within 24hrs; when the in-place upgrade is complete, select Protection for Kids, at the Kaspersky Safe Kids screen, select Not interested, at that point Parental Control will be available. 
  • The full procedure is documented, including videos, in my last reply in @Subhadeep’s topic: Parental Control missing after upgrade to 2020, please have a look at the information & let us know if this would help?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @Djay

You’re very welcome☺ !

Also, your KTS is on patch(h), patch (i) was released February 18, 2020 & patch (j) is currently being released, began April 6, 2020; if/when you decide to uninstall/reinstall/in-place-upgrade, make sure the patches are updated.

Kaspersky advises reboot/shutdown the computer on a regular basis, weekly is a good benchmark. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @Djay

• If Gaming mode is permanently on, it may affect patch updates. 
  • Patch(j) is the most recent patch, however, the distribution began 6/4/2020, the cycle is staggered around the globe, so many folks still don’t have it.
  • Patch(i), by now the software should have updated, as yours hasn’t do the following steps:
  • 1Uninstall KTS, save Licensed information only, at the end of the uninstall, shutdown computer using Shutdown, not Restart. 
  • 2 Power computer on, login, run a KTS software compatibility checkdownload a new installer, install, at the completion of the install shutdown computer using Shutdown, not Restart. 
  • 3 Power computer on, login, synchronize the device with your MyKaspersky account, run a manual KTS Database update, allow it to complete, run a Full Scan, allow it to complete. 
  • If you’re planning on reverting to KTS19 to “resurrect” Parental Control, it would be best to do that before 2 &3

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

How to allow the software to do an in-place upgrade to KTS20? 

Hello @Djay 

To keep Parental Control, with an in-place-upgrade from v19 to v20 do the following, please read & follow carefully as each step is critical for the process to work: 

Uninstall v20, save License information ONLY, at the completion of the uninstall, reboot. 

Download the v19 installer from KL Product builds.

Start the install, within seconds of the install starting, the app will show a message “searching for newer version”, you must select “Skip”, if a newer version is accepted at this point, the process will not work. 

After v19 is installed, make sure Parental Control and Download & install new application versions are both enabled. 

Then wait, for the KIS application to manage the in-place-upgrade; in the 3 tests, the timeframe for v20 arriving was 28 to 76hours. 

When the version update is available, KTS will show the following: 

• Notification center recommendation: New version advisory:  

• Support window, New version, Run Update advisory. 

After the update to v20, it appears as tho Parental Control has been replaced by Kaspersky Safe Kids, however, after selecting Protection for Kids, at the Kaspersky Safe Kids screen, select Not interested, at that point Parental Control will be available. 

The following videos document the process:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qs64kxwmdco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUZa6NmYrYU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkcfgXMwA8U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFLdCQQ_sP4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSAO6npOSzE

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳