Warning prompt: Unwanted network activity of applications is allowed. Network activity was monitored before startup of Kaspersky Total Security

PaulyD

When I logged into my computer, Kaspersky Total Security presented an alert.  I cannot find any discussion on the alert message anywhere online nor in the app.  I have NEVER seen this alert, in all the years of being a loyal customer.

What does this alert mean .. and what caused it .. and what action should I take to mitigate?

Kaspersky Total Security

Unwanted network activity of applications is allowed.

Network activity was monitored before startup of Kaspersky Total Security

Kaspersky 2020 Total Security 20.0.14

And it’s even more frustrating that this message offered no insight, no “details” link to click, to view more info and/or take action.  In fact, there’s no trace of it in any log, unless I am looking in the wrong area.  Had I not immediately captured a photo, using my mobile device, I would not have been able to provide it to you.

Hello @PaulyD,

Thank you for the image👏

• I agree 100%, it’s hugely frustrating when there’s no information, especially for an alert such as this.
  1. In KTS Reports, for the time period in question, are there are events that match “Unwanted network activity”? Open KTS, select More Tools, select Reports, select Detailed Reports, select All Events… 🤔
  2. Are there unknown applications started before the startup of Kaspersky Total Security?
  3. This alert is not one I’m familiar with, unless someone in the Community is aware of this specific alert, the best way to get a definitive answer is to ask Kaspersky Technical Support, they will require a GSI & Windows Logs, a detailed history & images & they may ask for Traces, captured as the issue is replicated < be prepared for this, even tho you may not be able to replicate the issue, they’re sure to ask you do so🤔
  • After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

➡ Please let us know the outcome when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Thanks, Edgar / Flood, for the prompt reply.

» In KTS Reports, for the time period in question, are there are events that match “Unwanted network activity”? Open KTS, select More Tools, select Reports, select Detailed Reports, select All Events…

There are not, unfortunately; at least, nothing with that language.  While I know this alert to have occurred on 16-APR, I chose ALL EVENTS for 30 DAYS history and, in the search box, typed “unwanted”.  The only result was my own attempt to locate a discussion which is part of the aforementioned frustration, as I’ve found KTS to be lackluster in capturing all of their alerts for archival and research purposes:

16.04.2020 23.18.10;

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=kaspersky%20unwanted%20network%20activity

;Blocked: 0 banners, 4 web content objects. Allowed: 0 banners;0

» Are there unknown applications started before the startup of Kaspersky Total Security?

Where would I check for this specific condition?  I believe to have KTS configured to fully startup, prior to any other functionality / internet access / etc.  At least, that’s how I’d prefer it.

I am a lifelong fan of Kaspersky Lab solutions, despite my aforementioned frustrations which seem to persist across numerous product releases spanning a number of consecutive years.  I’ve worked with both McAfee and Symantec, in professional and private settings, and BOTH have been compromised.  To date, I have not had any such issues with KTS.

Hello @PaulyD,

Thank you for replying and the information👌

• In Reports, select All Events, 7 days, enter the word Network, it probably will be fruitless, however, just in case🤔
  • For unknown applications, essentially, is KTS managing your computer or have you modifed/configured any features of KTS? 
  • In case something has got out of sync, you could, restore KTS to Default, before doing so, export KTS Settings, then select Restore Settings, then shutdown, using Shutdown, not Restart, login, make sure KTS is running - monitor for the “Unwanted network activity of applications is allowed” alert? 

• Also while we’re checking things, confirm KTS version & patch(x)? x= letter? 
  • Windows version & build? Type WINVER in Windows Search🔎 bar. 
  •  To get a definitive answer for the actual “Unwanted network activity of applications is allowed” alert, imo, Kaspersky Technical Support should be consulted, if only for the fact there’s no information about “Unwanted network activity of applications is allowed” 🤔

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳