VPN stops Home Hive from working

I have Kaspersky Pure which included Kaspersky VPN, I have managed to use Split tunneling for some programs after quite a few attempts successfully.

However I am having problems with two other apps, I cannot login to my Hive home wireless network unless I turn off the VPN.

I have tried using the individual webpage settings and searched for it in split tunneling but cannot find anything for the Hive Hub connected to my router.

The other app I have problems with is my Solar Panel system SMA Sunny Boy app which connects my PC via bluetooth to the solar inverter will only work with VPN off.

Just wondering if anyone else with this kit has managed to solve these problems?

Try this: go to Settings -> Security Settings -> FireWall Settings -> Available NetWorks, and the find Your network Wi-Fi device / NetWork (home) and be sure is set to Trusted NetWork.

About the Solar Panel app, check if there is not in Trusted group (Intrusion Prevention -> Manage Applications).

19 hours ago, harlan4096 said:

Try this: go to Settings -> Security Settings -> FireWall Settings -> Available NetWorks, and the find Your network Wi-Fi device / NetWork (home) and be sure is set to Trusted NetWork.

About the Solar Panel app, check if there is not in Trusted group (Intrusion Prevention -> Manage Applications).

Thanks for your suggestions, the first part seems to have fixed the Hive app, however no luck with the solar app even though it is in a trusted group.

I'll keep trying a few other things but can live with having to switch off VPN to access solar app now and again.

• Like 1

My Kaspersky Plus version is 21.14.5.462, the VPN has the same version number?

I do have the split tunneling option and have tried all sorts of combinations adding the solar app but nothing seems to work.

I note you show 21.15 in your post, I cannot see any option to update mine?

From here You can get 21.15:

https://dm.s.kaspersky-labs.com/en-GB/Kaspersky4Win//21.15.8.493/startup.exe

VPN:

https://dm.s.kaspersky-labs.com/en-gb/KSDE/21.15.8.493/startup.exe

But be careful, because if You are in W11, if You run an update overwriting 21.14, probably You will get this issue: K. context menu to scan files will be missing. So better 1st uninstall K 21.14 and then install 21.15.

• Like 1

I haven't bothered to update to 21.15 as didn't want to screw things up uninstalling 21.14, also I don't think it will make any difference to my VPN problem and can live with having to turn off VPN to access my solar app.

However I have just switched my phones to VOIP and although the phones appear to work okay with VPN turned on, it does block me accessing my VOIP provider server and can't see anything in Split Tunneling for a IP address's?

Okay did the VPN update to 21.15 but unfortunately now can no longer access my Hive.com website, which was the one I would like to fix most, can't access my VOIP website which is an IP address or my SMA app unless VPN turned off.

I have only been able to add the solar app in Split tuneling but whichever combination I try, Apps that never connect VPN or Apps that always connect VPN, the app won't open if VPN on.

As for the other two which are websites I see anywhere the option to exclude them from the VPN.

I am beginning to wonder if having a VPN is worth all the hassle...