Virtualization Light Agent can't be activated

I have a Server 2019 host with a Hyper-V Server 2019 on it. On both OS I installaed Kaspersky Security for Virtualization 5.0 Light Agent through the Kaspersky Security Center 11. The installation went fine, but I can't activate the products. When I execute a task for application activation, the result is "Applied to 2 devices" and the status is Modified. The color of the tasks is yellow instead of green. When I look in the details of the managed devices, the host OS says: "Protection is disabled" and "No connection to SVM" and the virtual OS sais: "No connection to SVM". On the license it states: Product name: Kaspersky Hybrid Cloud Security, Server License Description: 2 virtual servers Any one has any suggestions?

I have a Server 2019 host with a Hyper-V Server 2019 on it. On both OS I installaed Kaspersky Security for Virtualization 5.0 Light Agent through the Kaspersky Security Center 11. The installation went fine, but I can't activate the products. When I execute a task for application activation, the result is "Applied to 2 devices" and the status is Modified. The color of the tasks is yellow instead of green. When I look in the details of the managed devices, the host OS says: "Protection is disabled" and "No connection to SVM" and the virtual OS sais: "No connection to SVM". On the license it states: Product name: Kaspersky Hybrid Cloud Security, Server License Description: 2 virtual servers Any one has any suggestions?
Hello! Do you have a SVM deployed on your Hypervisor? Please check the connection between the different nodes of environment. Here you can find a list of ports: - https://help.kaspersky.com/KSVLA/5.1/en-US/133882.htm

Hi Dmitry, thank you for reaction. I don't have a SVM deployed. I'm not even sure what it exactely is and I didn't find any documentation on it. Since I could install the virtualization agent through Security Center, I thought it wasn't necessary.

Ok, with the information on the page you provided, I've learned some more about how it works and I found on the Kaspersky Download site a vhdx-file that I could download for SVM on Hyper-V. However, what do I need to do with this file? I tried creating a new virtual machine with this file as hard disk, but it doesn't boot: I just get some message "Start PXE over IPv4". It would be handy if I got some manual with this license.

Ok, with the information on the page you provided, I've learned some more about how it works and I found on the Kaspersky Download site a vhdx-file that I could download for SVM on Hyper-V. However, what do I need to do with this file? I tried creating a new virtual machine with this file as hard disk, but it doesn't boot: I just get some message "Start PXE over IPv4". It would be handy if I got some manual with this license.
Hello! First of all you need to install the mangement components on the KSC server. After that you need to add your Hypervisor in the list and then, start svm deployment process. Please use our help - https://help.kaspersky.com/KSVLA/5.1/en-US/93527.htm Thank you!

After a lot of searching I was able to install the Virtualization 5.1 Light agent plugin in Security Center 11. Now I can Deploy SVM through a wizard. I get stuck again now when selecting the hypervisor where I want to deploy the SVM. This is a single server setup with 1 Hyper-v host and 1 Hyper-V guest. I entered the IP-address of the host where the Hyper-V role is installed and the credentials of my Administrator account (which is not the account called "Administrator"). Now I get the error: "Invalid connection settings or the account does not have sufficient access permissions to connect the Integration Server to the virtuel infrastructure." I did add my account to the group "Hyper-V Administrators" and I checked the WMI namespace rights. The only thing in the help text I don't understand is "grant permissions for remote connection". Where can I check this? If they mean by this RDP connection, then this is also ok. Edit: I followed the link you provided, but I can't get past the above message.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
On 9/18/2019 at 3:12 AM, PeterV said:

Turned out I didn't need the whole setup with SVM, since it was a single host server and a single virtual server. I installed a different product and now it's ok.

PeterV I have the exact same situation. We purchased the Kaspersky Virtualization Light Agent license, but it asks me to connect to the SVM and I don't want to have to add another virtual machine (which is supposed to be the SVM). I wanted to know what other product or solution you found to your problem.

Am 15.6.2023 um 19:02 schrieb Maxi IBC:

PeterV I have the exact same situation. We purchased the Kaspersky Virtualization Light Agent license, but it asks me to connect to the SVM and I don't want to have to add another virtual machine (which is supposed to be the SVM). I wanted to know what other product or solution you found to your problem.

Hello Maxi IBC,
Kaspersky Virtualization Light Agent (KSVLA) is intended to work with a Protection Server (SVM) deployed and connected to your Hypervisor. The Light Agent component and Network Agent itself which have to be installed on your virtual clients are intended to connect to this SVM to save resources in your virtual environment. Licensing get deployed to the SVM only. Light Agents connected to the SVM will receive the license from SVM.

As the Light Agent works similar to our product Kaspersky Endpoint Security (KES)  it would be an alternative to the KSVLA Product. 

So in case you only run 1 Hypervisor with one virtual machine you can give it a try just to install KES to protect the client/server

Please refer to the following download link:

https://www.kaspersky.com/small-to-medium-business-security/downloads/endpoint?icid=gl_sup-site_trd_ona_oth__onl_b2b_klsupport_tri-dl____ksc___

Thank you in advance

Best Regards