upgrade to security cloud; should I wait until my Total Security to expire, to make it worth for an upgrade to premium Security Cloud?

nec

I just activated Kaspersky Total Security less than 2 months. 

If I would like upgrade to Security Clod, does it mean that I need to wait until my Total Security to expire, to make it worth for an upgrade to premium Security Cloud?

1.May I ask please, how long is the KTS subscription? 

My KTS still have 330 days of license validity. 

2. & have you installed KSCloud & tested it to ensure it meets your requirements?

No, i haven’t run trial of KSCloud, as the trial run will remove existing KTS.

Hello@nec

Thank you for posting back👌 . 

1. I always recommend installing software and fully testing it before making a decision to change. In this case that would involve uninstalling KTS and installing KSCloud. 
  2. You also need to check your system, hardware and software for all KSCloud compatability requirements.
  3. (imo) you need to do that before asking Kaspersky Lab if they might allow you to transfer/upgrade to KSCloud. 
  4. If you’ve not tested KSCloud, how do you really know if it will suit your needs? 
  5. Which “features” of KSCloud interest you (that are not available in KTS)?

Please let me know?

Thank you🙏 . 

Trial run on KSCloud for 6 hours, I love their Account Check & Mobile Protection. 

Core features are similar to KTS. However, I need to purchase brand-new KSCloud even though i already have KTS - no upgrade with minimal fee is allowed when I clicked ‘Purchase KSCloud’ on My Kaspersky account. 

I emphasize cyber security. I’m getting threaten email requested BitCoin compensation. This guy got two of my Outlook.com passwords in the past 1 year. I don’t how they did it. There is another attempt to access my secondary outlook email which i never login on smartphone, never register with any online account (except PayPal). 

I’m using Android. I believe there are flaws on Android but the judgement day haven’t come yet. That why I’m in need of software to get rid of hackers or phishing… anti-virus is no longer a big threat in our cyber world. Myriad human hunters preying in cyber worlds.

Occasionally I’m traveling abroad. I felt insecure using hotel WiFi.

I’ll connect to data roaming on smartphone if i need access to online banking. People laugh when I told them i did this… haha.

Hello @nec,

🔴 Both KTS & KSCloud ⚠license⚠ install Kaspersky Internet Security software in Android environment🔴

Is KTS currently installed on the Android?

• If “yes”, the actual software is Kaspersky Internet Security.

Install Kaspersky Secure Connection-VPN, as well test the software

Emails:

1. Check email address (s)
  2. Use a password manager.
  3. If you haven’t already change email pwds, use highly complex pwds, change pwds on a regular basis. 
  4. Don’t open any emails without first checking the source.
  5. Report any unknown emails via email spam reporting service.
Contact Kaspersky Lab Technical Support, tell them everything and follow their guidance. 

Hello @nec,

🔴 Both KTS & KSCloud ⚠license⚠ install Kaspersky Internet Security software in Android environment🔴

Is KTS currently installed on the Android?

• If “yes”, the actual software is Kaspersky Internet Security.

Install Kaspersky Secure Connection-VPN, as well test the software

Emails:

1. Check email address (s)
  2. Use a password manager.
  3. If you haven’t already change email pwds, use highly complex pwds, change pwds on a regular basis. 
  4. Don’t open any emails without first checking the source.
  5. Report any unknown emails via email spam reporting service.
Contact Kaspersky Lab Technical Support, tell them everything and follow their guidance. 

Thanks FLOOD, i did Recommendations #1, #2, #3 & #5.

For #4, opening an unknown email (without click open any web link, or open attachment) will be risky to data breach? Good to know this, but curiosity always lure me to open it, LOL.

Yes KTS still intact on Android. 

I scanned QR code generated on KSCloud’s Mobile Protection and downloaded KSCloud. The installation of KSCloud did not require removal of existing KTS. The installation of KSCloud need removal of standalone Secure Connection.

I’m using KSCloud trial on Android 9.1 now.  

Hello @nec,

Thank you for replying.

Regarding KTS & KSCloud on Android, just so you’re very clear, the actual Kaspersky software installed under either license is Kaspersky Internet Security.

Regarding 4. Curiosity killed the 🙀 , Kaspersky cannot protect against stupidity (no offense), however, if you get infected because you can’t resist a temptation, then no protection will ever be enough. 

If you’re so curious, before you OPEN any email, or any email that you absolutely don’t know where it’s from, check the “source”, rightclick on the email, select “source”, copy the source to a parser, it will tell you if (for example) the PayPal email, is really from PayPal. If it’s from: z!\:Zmp2i@paypaltheworld.com, you know the email is “fake”, and dangerous, if, at that point, you remain curious, & you choose to open the email and get inf🤢 cted, keep in mind, there are very few working solutions for Android devices encrypted by malware.

Given your inclination to be “curious”, I suggest, if you’ve not already done so, set-up & run automated regular data / phone backups, bc, if your Android does get encrypted, it may be, the only resolution is to wipe the device & start again. 

Thank you

Hello @nec,

Security is enhanced by following the basic golden rules, use common sense, don’t take risks, don’t assume, just bc you have “cyber-anything-protection, “it” will protect & undo unwise choices; understand (your) device, hardware, software, network & environment, make sure device updates are always applied, make sure AV software is always running & updating automatically,  same for backups and perform regular housekeeping on all devices. 

Thank you. 

LOL, does it meant that once I connect to vulnerable hotel WiFi (i assume most hotel only have IT Infrastructure engineer, not Cyber Security), data breach can happen easily even I hve KSCloud or KTS?

Hmm, you’re a challenge   @nec😉  

• Most “hotels” have concierges, wait-staff, porters and cleaners, the majority of IT/Cyber roles are outsourced.
  • If you’re using ANY public wifi, either do not use the internet or use robust AV & VPN = ALWAYS!
  • More data breaches occur, bc, (we) give all our trust to “other things”, for example “software” and (we) make silly decisions, like opening emails without verifying the sender…. 
  • I restate, nothing can protect against stupidity, no software is 100% foolproof. 
  • Ultimately, (we) are responsible for our decisions & choices. 

I’m sure someone has said to you @nec, at some stage in your life, “it’s better to be safe than sorry”, if it hasn’t been said to you before, well, it has now!

Stay safe @nec!

• 9 months later...

So this confirms a chat I just had with support, We have to wait til current subscription is up for renewal if we are only a couple months into our current internet total security and VPN Licences because we will pay full price wither way???~~~!!!~~~???