Update issue after app crash

Hello there,

I recently had an app crash resulting in KIS closing on its own (I actually managed to see it closed when Windows Security popped up with a message saying it was off). After that, I went through my Program Files and started it with avpui.exe since I didn't make a shortcut on my desktop, but ever since (it's been 3 days now) the database doesn't seem to update. Here is a screenshot of the tooltip I get when I hover the app icon in the taskbar.

kis.png.17f886a780956508c61fb8c2491dc16f.png

As you can see, the database seem stuck somewhere in 2020 and I have no idea why. I tried to manually update, and nothing really happens. I get no errors, might it be from KIS saying my database is outdated or when I try to update, it's just that the tooltip still says 2020 for some reason.

I have been using Kaspersky products for years and never got any issue, first time I stumble upon this, if anyone has an idea it would be great!

I use KIS 21 on a Windows 10.

Thanks in advance.

• 3 months later...

Try to update to latest version or reinstall it.

Download the installer from the Kaspersky website.
Uninstall the current version of the application. See this article for instructions. In the Saving objects window, select the License information checkbox.
Restart your PC.

Regards,
J Wick