Unlimited VPN Not Available Anymore?

Go to solution Solved by Durren,

I purchased a Kaspersky Plus subscription last year which included an unlimited VPN. However, the product page now shows no trace of an unlimited VPN option in any Kaspersky plans. Does that mean during auto-renewal I won't be getting unlimited VPN?

Screenshot_2.png

Edited by Durren

1 minute ago, Guilhermesene4096 said:

@DurrenWelcome

In the Kaspersky Plus subscription plan, unlimited VPN is included.

Download the VPN app (if not already installed) and connect your My Kaspersky account.

Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection → Download link

Here's what the product page is showing me

Screenshot_2.png

@Durren

"The use of VPN technology is subject to local laws and regulations.  Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection should only be used for its intended purpose.
And it is not available for downloading or activation in Belarus, China, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Oman, Pakistan, and Qatar. "

Kaspersky Lab works to ensure that the sale of the VPN in these countries does not take place

Support links:

4 minutes ago, Guilhermesene4096 said:

@Durren

"The use of VPN technology is subject to local laws and regulations.  Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection should only be used for its intended purpose.
And it is not available for downloading or activation in Belarus, China, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Oman, Pakistan, and Qatar. "

Kaspersky Lab works to ensure that the sale of the VPN in these countries does not take place

Support links:

My country isn't listed on those. The current VPN bundled with Kaspersky is still functioning, but is t is absent from the product page

@Durren

I understand that it is not appearing on the main page for you, but if you have a Kaspersky Plus (entitled to unlimited VPN) license and are not located in one of the countries below, then you can use the VPN normally following the regulations in your country.

• Belarus
  • China
  • Saudi Arabia
  • Iran
  • Oman
  • Pakistan and Qatar

If you haven't yet installed the VPN app, you can download it here → Download link

If you are having problems regarding this, please contact technical support → Technical Support

Edited by Guilhermesene4096

Friend, when everything is ok, come back here on the forum and post the solution you had, which will help others who have the same doubt as you. The Kaspersky community is grateful for your feedback,
Hugs see you later.

7 hours ago, Durren said:

I purchased a Kaspersky Plus subscription last year which included an unlimited VPN. However, the product page now shows no trace of an unlimited VPN option in any Kaspersky plans. Does that mean during auto-renewal I won't be getting unlimited VPN?

Hello @Durren

Welcome back & thank you for the private message!

Even tho VPNs are legal in India, the Indian Government has made *user data collection* mandatory.  

Kaspersky has very strict Privacy policies for their VPN subscribers, including not collecting logs. 

Wednesday, 7 February 2024 09:37

Support advised: No information is available at this time about the exact date wherein Kaspersky VPN will no longer be offered when purchasing KPlus or KPremium from the Kaspersky website in India.

However, as you've observed, the VPN is no longer being advertised. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Resources:

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added resources

29 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Durren

Welcome!

Even tho VPNs are legal in India, the Indian Government has made *user data collection* mandatory.  

Kaspersky has very strict Privacy policies for their VPN subscribers, including not collecting logs. 

Wednesday, 7 February 2024 09:37

Support advised: No information is available at this time about the exact date wherein Kaspersky VPN will no longer be offered when purchasing KPlus or KPremium from the Kaspersky website in India.

However, as you've observed, the VPN is no longer being advertised. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Resources:

Thank you.

So, what happens to auto-renewals? Do we get an effective downgrade when we have to renew subscription? Or does everything work as before, just that it's not advertised? 

What does is mean for the remaining duration of my already purchased subscription?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Durren said:
  1. So, what happens to auto-renewals?
  2. Do we get an effective downgrade when we have to renew subscription?
  3. Or does everything work as before, just that it's not advertised? 
  4. What does is mean for the remaining duration of my already purchased subscription?

Hello @Durren

Please raise these questions with Kaspersky Customer Service, on the support page - https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts - select either Chat or Email, then fill in the template as in the image below - make sure Support understand:

(1) You are in India.

(2) The Unlimited VPN is no longer being advertised as part of Kaspersky Plus. 

image.thumb.png.3a0659bc34c393f8dc0358b588748cde.png

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

5 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Durren

Please raise these questions with Kaspersky Customer Service, on the support page - https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts - select either Chat or Email, then fill in the template as in the image below - make sure Support understand:

(1) You are in India.

(2) The Unlimited VPN is no longer being advertised as part of Kaspersky Plus. 

image.thumb.png.3a0659bc34c393f8dc0358b588748cde.png

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

I've sent them a mail via this method last night itself. They haven't got back to me yet. I'll update as soon as I hear back from them. 

• Thanks 1

• Solution

Update from Kaspersky customer service:

"Kaspersky VPN in India for new users will not be available anymore due to regional law from the start of 2024. For existing users like you, the Kaspersky VPN will continue until its expiry date with no issues."

For other users from India, my advice is that KSK was justified in raising its prices via subscription services when bundled with the VPN. Without, it physical versions like Total or Internet security still available with resellers costs much less, even KSK premium costs much less. Without the VPN, buying from the official website isn't worth it. 

• Thanks 1