Unable to install in android or ios devices

Hello,

I have bought kaspersky total security 5 devices and have 2 problems:

1. In iOS device i can't even find the kaspersky i have bought to install

2. On Android i have installed the app but when i try to sign in into my account i receive an error message saying "Not possible to connect to My Kaspersky. Not possible to validate SSL certificate."

Please support on both ends

Hello, @colemauro

Antivirus kaspersky for ios does not exists (only password manager).

Also sometimes is problem with login and SSL (i know i had this issue). You can keep trying login.

Or what i tried is connect to VPN network or simply acitave 4G internet on mobile.

Next option is directly inser your activation key into kaspersky for android and activate it (later you can login into your kaspersky accout in Kaspersky for android app).

Edited by nexon

• 6 months later...
On 6/4/2023 at 7:58 PM, nexon said:

Hello, @colemauro

Antivirus kaspersky for ios does not exists (only password manager).

Also sometimes is problem with login and SSL (i know i had this issue). You can keep trying login.

Or what i tried is connect to VPN network or simply acitave 4G internet on mobile.

Next option is directly inser your activation key into kaspersky for android and activate it (later you can login into your kaspersky accout in Kaspersky for android app).

Is this still the case today? I see now there's a Kaspersky app for iOS called Kaspersky: VPN & Antivirus, exactly the same name they're using for their app on Android:
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/kaspersky-vpn-antivirus/id1089969624

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kms.free&hl=en&gl=US

I don't own any Apple products so I can test the app to see what it actually offers, but im just interested in finding out what's their latest on iOS.

Looking at the description, this seems like a free all-in-one app that just provides security checks on system settings and such, and it includes ads for some paid features that Kaspersky provides (password manager and unlimited VPN, which I assume will just lead you to downloading their apps separately anyway).

The app for iOS doesn't seem to include any Antivirus whatsoever compared to the one available on Android, so I don't understand why are they using the term "Antivirus"?

50 minutes ago, BlackEdition said:

Is this still the case today? I see now there's a Kaspersky app for iOS called Kaspersky: VPN & Antivirus, exactly the same name they're using for their app on Android:
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/kaspersky-vpn-antivirus/id1089969624

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kms.free&hl=en&gl=US

I don't own any Apple products so I can test the app to see what it actually offers, but im just interested in finding out what's their latest on iOS.

Looking at the description, this seems like a free all-in-one app that just provides security checks on system settings and such, and it includes ads for some paid features that Kaspersky provides (password manager and unlimited VPN, which I assume will just lead you to downloading their apps separately anyway).

The app for iOS doesn't seem to include any Antivirus whatsoever compared to the one available on Android, so I don't understand why are they using the term "Antivirus"?

Hello @BlackEdition

Welcome back!

Kaspersky's iOS Kaspersky: VPN & Antivirus has *no* AV software engine - like the Android & or Windows versions, it's *different*, it has: Private Browsing, With the Nov 17th, 2023 release, the private browsing feature is now available to iOS users. It lets you prevent tracking in Safari for more privacy while you’re online.

Read: 

Get all our best iOS security
Kaspersky security product includes premium apps & features designed to work beautifully on your iPhones and iPads. From security essentials like anti-phishing and weak settings scan to extended privacy protection tools – password management, VPN, data leak checker, and many more.
Why you need it
►One account, many benefits

Access a whole host of powerful security apps and technologies from a single account, and protect all your different devices.
►Protection the moment you need it

When online dangers threaten, our technology automatically reacts to keep you safe. It adjusts your settings, warns about threats and alerts you to take action.
►Remote management

Because the service is linked to your Kaspersky account, it’s easy to manage your security and settings – or manage security for family members – from anywhere you can get online.
What you get with a subscription

• Anti-Phishing – protects you from phishing sites and emails designed to steal your money or identity

• Jailbreak detection – alerts you if your iOS device has been jailbroken and suggests changes to make it more secure

• Secure QR Scanner – scans any code or barcode to inform you if viruses or threats are detected

• Data leak checker(2,4)– warns you if your account data has been leaked online & advises you how to avoid leaks

• Personalized alerts(4) – sends you warnings, news & tips based on your online habits

• Unlimited VPN(1,4)– automatically detects unsafe public Wi-Fi & switches on protection

• Password management(3,4) – allows you to securely store, manage & autofill your passwords

• Family sharing(4) – lets you install & manage security for family members from anywhere you can get online

• Remote management(4) – lets you manage all your security needs through an easy-to-use interface

• Automatic updates – sends new security straight to your devices as soon as it’s released

• Social Privacy(3) – helps you edit privacy settings in Google, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn. Which means it’s super-easy for you to disable location tracking, prevent targeted ads, and lots more.
💥1) Unlimited VPN is available for paid subscribers only, starting with «Plus» plan (check below country limitations)

2) Automatic and unlimited account check is available for paid subscribers only, starting with «Plus» plan (available in a limited number of countries). This functionality is also available with Kaspersky Security Cloud – Personal & Kaspersky Security Cloud – Family licenses

3) Functionality is available for paid subscribers only, starting with «Plus» plan (available in a limited number of countries). This functionality is also available with Kaspersky Security Cloud – Personal & Kaspersky Security Cloud – Family licenses

4) Not available for paid subscription purchased from your telecom provider

Due to legal restrictions on using a virtual private network (VPN), Kaspersky VPN cannot be installed in Belarus, China, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Oman, Pakistan or Qatar.

Privacy Policy: https://www.kaspersky.com/products-and-services-privacy-policy

Terms of usage: https://www.kaspersky.com/end-user-license-agreement

💥Note: The Unlimited VPN - is for the *Subscriber* account *only*, all other user accounts on the subscription get Standard/Free VPN. 

& read: Kaspersky app features and plans

Webcapture_15-12-2023_191249_apps.apple_com.thumb.jpeg.bb40219f38a36c97cb4fbc1afd3a8515.jpeg

USER_2023-12-15_190928.thumb.jpg.48164588e46a5df0613fb7824d4db386.jpg

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

On 12/17/2023 at 1:56 AM, BlackEdition said:
  1. If it doesn't actually have anti-virus, isn't it kind of misleading to put "Antivirus" in the app name for iOS?
  2. It should be something like Kaspersky: VPN & Privacy, or VPN & Security.

Hello @BlackEdition

1. No argument from us, (ioo), it' not "kind of", it is misleading, and unnecessary
  2. Yes it should be. (ioo). 
  3. Referring Kaspersky users to a blog that was written in 2018 is also unsatisfactory (ioo), users should not have to trawl through the internet for information about their software  - Kaspersky could put a Disclaimer on the Kaspersky: VPN & Antivirus page, they've included everything else *but* the fact that there's no AV included & why. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

@BlackEdition @Flood and Flood's wife

In The links you are both providing :
  • The modified screenshots doesn’t show up on a Windows device
  • The modified screenshots are showing up on an iPhone/iPad iOS device

In the links that I provide in the pinned Topics in the French (FR) and Dutch (NL) Forum section,
the modified Screenshots are displaying on both Windows and iOS devices.

https://apps.apple.com/be/app/kaspersky-vpn-security/id1089969624?l=en

Spoiler

k_Anti-Phishing.jpg.bda5c7f0df26b66167ee41826ae8c73e.jpg

On 12/18/2023 at 9:25 AM, Berny said:
  1. The modified screenshots doesn’t show up on a Windows device
  2. The modified screenshots are showing up on an iPhone/iPad iOS device. 

@Berny

1. *Who* said anything about Windows, this issue is *only* about iOS. 
  2. The images *you* present show the *problem*

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

We're talking about the app name itself. It says "Antivirus" in the app title, which is what made me think they finally added that after years of no antivirus. I never really understood why iOS doesn't have/need an antivirus (I didn't read the blog post and I don't have time to lol, but it makes no sense as everything can still get infected). I have always felt sorry for iOS users when they think they're "safe" from everything.

Anyway, blocking dangerous links does indeed fall under the "Antivirus" category, but not completely. Having An antivirus means it should protect your entire system from viruses since they can come outside the scope of visiting dangerous links (such as from files).

29 minutes ago, BlackEdition said:
  1. We're talking about the app name itself.
  2. It says "Antivirus" in the app title, which is what made me think they finally added that after years of no antivirus.
  3. Anyway, blocking dangerous links does indeed fall under the "Antivirus" category, but not completely. Having An antivirus means it should protect your entire system from viruses since they can come outside the scope of visiting dangerous links (such as from files).

Hello @BlackEdition

Thank you for posting back.

1. Correct, that's the subject of the discussion. 
  2. Yes, is does say "Antivirus" in the app title - it's been that way for many years
  3. We've already shared our opinion of why the naming of this application is misrepresented for iOS. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
modified 3