unable to connect kasperskersky security center

hello !

i searched in many forums but i still unable to connect my kaspersky security center ;

the service stoppes directly after stating.

the kaspersky user switch utilitu doesn't work (stuck at the second user).

i dont know how to solve my problèm

What version of KSC are you using?

what did you choose as the database?

There can be many options for the problem, I can assume several options.

Check that your database services are up and running

If you use MS SQL Express as a database, then an overflow of the database size (over 10 GB) could occur and then the server will not be able to start

and the corresponding entries will be made in the event logs you can also check the size of the KSC server backups ...located here by default... C:\ProgramData\KasperskySC\SC_Backup

there should be several of them, check everything for a sharp increase in size ... if there are previous versions of the backup with a smaller size, you can use the restore from backup utility and try to start the server to solve the problem.

check the event for server startup errors ... what exactly does it swear at

hi ElvinE5,

thanks for your answer;

i was using KSC 13.2, but i then i went to do the upgrade to KSC 14.2, and since it dosnt work i made a restoration of the VM turning on windows server 2012 R2, but its the same problem.

in fact i'm using MS SQL Express, but i dont know where can i see it's database size, i've tried solutions topics on forums, and i modified manually the user in windows services, then i get this error in kaspersky event logs :

Capturedecran2023-06-06a09_20_10.thumb.png.acc17acbcc3fd4508ba7152e7bb28297.png

and now i cant use the kaspersky user switch utility,

how can i know which MS SQL Express is used by ksc beaucause i have two services.

Capturedecran2023-06-06a09_26_08.thumb.png.9017d43d81a9293cf431bcb9676037d3.png

i'm desesperated, the KSC is in production and many clients depends on it.

34 минуты назад, mimiz сказал:

i went to do the upgrade to KSC 14.2, and since it dosnt work

what didn't work? the server also did not start?

i made a restoration of the VM turning on windows server 2012 R2

did you just rollback to a restore point?

this probably wasn't the best solution... KSC will most likely not work correctly... the only correct recovery is to use a backup

in fact i'm using MS SQL Express, but i dont know where can i see it's database size,

in a running KSC, this can be seen from the server properties

Спойлер

image.thumb.png.7a3bd00b0c6eb6fa50eba32f9167bb97.png

in your case, you need to go along the path where the backups are stored (the default is here -  C:\ProgramData\KasperskySC\SC_Backup) and look at the size of the folders

Спойлер

image.thumb.png.f36a2bba945529948320a26783293176.png

well, it seems to me that in your situation you will be looking for a solution to the problem longer to fix everything ... rather than just completely reinstalling everything

1. Check if you have normal "live" backups for the last few periods, save them just in case to external media

2. Remove completely all instances of SQL and KSC, because raise a clean VM (in accordance with those requirements) and install everything from scratch.

3. after installation, restore the server from backup - so that the client connects to the server, you need to take care that the IP and server name (DNS) match the previous ones.

4. after recovery, clients will have to reconnect and all your settings will be restored

Edited by ElvinE5

10 minutes ago, ElvinE5 said:

what didn't work? the server also did not start?

yes, the window waiting for initilizing services never ends for 3 Days.

13 minutes ago, ElvinE5 said:

did you just rollback to a restore point?

yes i restore a snapshot that made juste before updating, but its the same thing.

here's my two files KAV.mdf it seams to be OK with the size ( < 1go )

Capturedecran2023-06-06a10_02_54.thumb.png.d8f34c55aa614aba3e3438d3cd9f8594.png

i also deleted the old backups in C:\ProgramData\KasperskySC\SC_Backup

Capturedecran2023-06-06a11_16_07.thumb.png.ecb8eadd683e2ac8afeb51ebac787539.png

now , i have the service kaspersky admin center is UP

Capturedecran2023-06-06a11_18_25.thumb.png.1bb6f331d51d29d35db18149810a94fe.png

with local user ( i think it was twith the default user before (KL-AK-FC66CB346E0522)

but for th services mssql express, i dont know witch one was user, the service mssql01 is up , but the other turns off as soon as it started.

38 минут назад, mimiz сказал:

i also deleted the old backups in C:\ProgramData\KasperskySC\SC_Backup

removed? this is bad ...

as I expected ... database size is 10Gb, SQL Express service will not rise or will fall every time when accessing it...

well... there are a couple more options...

1. delete everything ... install SQL gave corporate solutions (no limits on database size, paid solution), and restore from your backups.

2. contact LK support - https://companyaccount.kaspersky.com/account/login perhaps they have instructions on how to reduce the size of the database using SQL scripts

i only moved the old database in another directory, i think my database is under 10 GB, the screenshot shows size of two folders of backups, i tested the klbackup utility, and it seams dont work also .

Capturedecran2023-06-06a14_15_56.thumb.png.b5e1114667b20465cdff890ae80a48e0.png