The status monitoring and the email notifications are failed

John Zhang

I installed Kaspersky Safe Kids on my son's PC in January this year. Kaspersky sent me the email notifications whenever my son accesses those restricted or forbidden websites or games.  It was working fine until May 10th, even I didn't change any settings, it stopped sending the email notes. The "report" on the "internet" page shows  "No web activity detected during last month", and on the "application" page shows "No information on application use". 

I tried to disconnect and reconnect the device. It didn't resolve the problem. I un-installed Kaspersky Safe Kids and re-installed it. It didn't fix the issue neither. 

I submitted a case to Kaspersky Safe Kids support team and per the support team, I collected the logs and sent to the support team. it's been a week now, the support team hasn't provide the right solution and the problem has not been fixed. 

Additional info: while reinstall Kaspersky Safe Kids, it pops up a message stating that McAfee is installed on the PC, it's a competitor product that would impact Kaspersky Safe Kids performance or even the functions. I skipped removing McAfee because it was installed prior using Kaspersky Safe Kids and there was no problem for almost a half year.  

Can anyone please help? Any helps, clues are very welcome!

Thanks!

hi Berny,  thanks for your input! McAfee was installed on the PC prior to the installation of Kaspersky Safe Kids and the Kaspersky Safe Kids was working fine on the PC until 2-3 weeks ago. Was Kaspersky Safe Kids just updated so both are no longer compatible ? 

10 hours ago, John Zhang said:

McAfee was installed on the PC prior to the installation of Kaspersky Safe Kids and the Kaspersky Safe Kids was working fine on the PC until 2-3 weeks ago. Was Kaspersky Safe Kids just updated so both are no longer compatible ? 

Hello @John Zhang

Thank you for posting back & the query regarding McAfee incompatibility with KSK.

We logged the issue with Kaspersky support, who escalated it to Russia KSK experts, they advised: "it's hard to get the exact date on when McAfee was added as a conflicting application with Kaspersky Safe Kids but the article below was posted August 2021

Incompatibility of Kaspersky Safe Kids with McAfee antivirus software

Also, as of patch O, which began rolling out in the third week of April 2022 & concluded May 26th 2022, the list of conflicting anti-virus software is current & correct. 

IF you wish to use KSK, you will need to remove McAfee. 

Thank you?
Flood? +?

hi Berny / all,

I’ve found the root cause which may be a Kaspersky for Kid’s flaw.

The root cause is that my son accessed the PC with his another local account. He has two local accounts, one is “Andrew” and another is “Tianzhu”.  When he login onto the PC using “Andrew”, his actions are monitored and I receive the email notes for warnings. However, when he use “Tianzhu” to access the PC, his actions are NOT monitored and I don’t receive the email notes for warnings.

I say it’s a Kaspersky for Kids’ flaw because the Kaspersky settings for both accounts are the same! How come one account is monitored but not another account?

If it’s not a flow and I need to do something on my end, please advise “how” to fix it.

Thanks!!

Additional info found - "Tianzhu" is a gmail account. "Andrew" is a local account. Looks like Kaspersky for Kids can only handle the Windows local account but can't handle the Windows account created with the email address. 

@John Zhang

We created a Windows standard account, using a Gmail address, associated it with KSK, blocked every app, KSK correctly detected & reported all activity:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.e7107273abed71b9e67f918f539e4a31.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.32254bae0962a1de8d90d9c0d3f2a9a8.jpeg

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.99f25c9a29d27d45a0a7fbbea23d0bb3.jpeg

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.aeb57be08825d4bb2acb22a8b26d0cc4.png

• ?Either remove McAfee & see what happens, or go back to support & finish what you started with them. 

Thank you?
Flood? +?