Stopping the Kaspersky service remotely

Hi All, 

I’ve been having issues with stopping/restarting the Kaspersky service remotely. We used to be able to do a “net stop avp” to stop the service but after upgrading to KES 11.0 it looks like Kaspersky has blocked the ability to do this. 

I found that you could run the following command out of the Kaspersky folder: klpsm.exe stop_avp_service  but even this doesn’t work, I’m getting an error “The call of the ControlService return code 1052: The requested control is not valid for this service”

The ability to restart the service was handy as it usally fixed issues KES not kicking off scans/updates correctly. 

Also, the option to start/stop the application via the security centre GUI pretty much never works. 

Any help would be great. 

Thanks. 

Hi,

Please refer to the article - https://help.kaspersky.com/KESWin/11.1.1/en-US/178723.htm

Thank you!

Hi, 

If you read my post, you’d see I have tried the commands from that artical with no success. 

It returns an error: “The call of the ControlService return code 1052: The requested control is not valid for this service”

Thanks.