Slowing down my PC

Hello

Ever since i installed this Kaspersky it randomly TREMENDOUSLY slows down my PC where I have to force restart it to do anything.

When I try to see what is running using the security opens, thats takes a long time to open and for a few seconds the CPU shows 100%... then, when I turn off Kaspersky, my PC never slows down, never a problem nothing.

So the problem must be Kaspersky. I have tried to contact them many times and the 1 reply was that I should update to Kaspersky total, which.. did noting to help the slow down problem. I am fed up with their service and lac lustre attitude.

Please... HOw do I stop this extreme random slow down on my PC. My next option is to completely unintall Kaspersky and go back to Avast. Im that fed up!

@Travis121

Could you please provide more details on the situation?

For example:

• Does the slowdown problem happen when starting the system or after opening some specific applications?
  • Have you changed any settings in Kaspersky? If so, have you tried restoring the product to factory defaults?
  • Have you tried reinstalling the product (uninstall → delete temporary files and caches → install again)?
  • Did the problem start after some change to the system?
  • Do you have any other security products installed?

Sorry for so many questions, but the purpose of this is to try to understand and find what is causing this strange behavior on your computer to help you 🙂 

Edited by Guilhermesene4096
  • Like 2

It seems to happen most after after my PC wakes up from a lock screen time out, But it also random happens while on you tube, or in Excel, or in Word, or using VLC... its just random.

I have changed no settings.

I have not tried to re-install the product. If I uninstall, its staying uninstalled

No changes to the system, pretty much from week 1 after installation this started happening.

Only other security products are those that come standard with Windows.

@Travis121

It's not that common, especially with this specific fact of 100% CPU usage.

Perhaps a complete reinstallation of the product and a cleaning of the system could help you in this case.

Additionally, you can also take a look at this Kaspersky Support article → How to speed up computer performance

You can download the latest version of Kaspersky Plus here and then connect it to your My Kaspersky account.

Kaspersky Plus → Download link
Edited by Guilhermesene4096
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/02/2024 at 17:24, Travis121 disse:

Olá

Desde que instalei este Kaspersky, ele aleatoriamente TREMENDOSA lentidão no meu PC, onde tenho que forçar a reinicialização para fazer qualquer coisa.

Quando tento ver o que está rodando usando a segurança abre, demora muito para abrir e por alguns segundos a CPU mostra 100%... então, quando desligo o Kaspersky, meu PC nunca fica lento, nunca é um problema nada.

Então o problema deve ser o Kaspersky. Tentei contatá-los várias vezes e a 1ª resposta foi que eu deveria atualizar para o Kaspersky Total, o que não ajudou no problema de lentidão. Estou farto do serviço deles e da atitude lac lustrosa.

Por favor... Como faço para parar essa lentidão extrema e aleatória no meu PC. Minha próxima opção é desinstalar completamente o Kaspersky e voltar para o Avast. Estou tão farto!

Good morning @Travis121

• Could you tell me if you are using any other antivirus products? If yes, please remove.
  • If you are using Malwarebytes, please remove it.
  • We have to eliminate possible programs that may be causing incompatibility. Make these attempts, if it doesn't return to normal, come back here and let us know.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

No other antivirus products.

I dont know what Malwarebytes is, so doubt I have it.

Ive just had Kaspersky off for a few days and my PC was running wonderfully. I turned Kaspersky back on this evening, and I had to force restart my PC cause it froze on the login screen after a screen timeout.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have the exact same issue and it's been going on for about half a year. It's driving me nuts. I paid for PC safety, not sabotage. I've had Kaspersky for a few years so I'm not sure what's caused it to change :(( Gonna keep an eye on this thread to see if a solution is found!

I have had many people complain about Kaspersky slowing their computer down 100% cpu usage. The reason for it is the Kaspersky launcher, it is terrible and if you look inside of the program it is pretty messy.

There can be times when Kaspersky launcher can use 100s of mb, the computer will feel like it is frozen, also unfortunately you can not shut it down or end the task.  ( you can )

Kaspersky there is an old saying that says

IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT

OR

GIVE IT A KISS    Keep-It-Simple-Stupid