Safe Money and all other Extensions show.

MikeGiann
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hello,

I just purchased a new subscription to Kaspersky Internet Security after being away from the product for 2 years. At the time, when using the Safe Money, the browser (Chrome or Firefox) would open with a green border and have none of my extensions except for the Kaspersky one.

Now I installed this latest version 21.2.16.590 and when starting the browser(s), I see all my extensions along with the green border, is this normal? I have used on Chromium Edge, Firefox and Chrome, all browsers are up to date. If this is now normal, is it Safe?

Is there a configuration somewhere that I am missing that removes all the extensions?

Thanks

Mike

• Solution

Now, I installed this latest version 21.2.16.590, when starting the browser(s), I see all my extensions along with the green border, is this normal?

Hello @MikeGiann

Welcome!

• Yes, normal & correct, Kaspersky processed a change July 2019, as follows:  

v20.0.14.1085 release, Safe Money has been improved: most of settings, from user's profile in the main browser, are now automatically transferred to Protected Browser, noting, “most ‘settings’, includes extensions.

For this specific change, some folks dispute the “improved” claim.

• Regarding “Is it safe?”, yes, however, for those who do not wish to have active extensions in the Protected browser, it’s necessary to manually disable each extension. 
  • Regarding “Is there a configuration somewhere that removes all the extensions?”  No such feature exists; furthermore, it’s not possible to remove all extensions for the Protected browser, but not for browsers that are in ‘unprotected’ mode.  

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hi Flood, 

Thanks for the info, seeing that it is safe and now normal, I’ll leave it as is. What I think I’ll do is since I use Chromium Edge and Firefox the most, I stripped Google Chrome of all extensions and use it as my Safe Money browser. 

Have a wonderful day.