Renew now or wait till after the licence expires

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

I’ve made 2 support requests that are still awaiting prossessing. One from July 2 and the other on July 10. I want to take advantage of the 50% off deal for the Kaspersky Internet security. As of this post I have 23 days remaining.

1. Should I wait till after my current licence to expire to buy or renew the licence?
  1.  Would buying the deal now waste any remaining days I have left?

3. Is there a way to remove licences from current devices?

1. How long will the 50% deal last?

• Solution

Hello @Blue Voider,

Welcome!

• 1 “Should I wait till after my current licence to expire to buy the licence?” No. 

Buy the “deal” but don’t apply it until the current license expires. 

• 2 “ Would buying the deal now waste any remaining days I have left?” No. 

Buying a new license and not applying it will not affect your current license, however, make sure your current license is not set to auto-renew.

• 3 “ Is there a way to remove licences from current devices? Yes

Why would you wish to remove an existing valid license?

Why lose 23 days? 

• 4 “How long will the 50% deal last?”, Kaspersky Marketing could probably tell you, however, some advice from our past sad experience, recently, there was an amazing “deal”, we made the mistake of not making the purchase, when we went back - a few days later, to “seize the opportunity”, it was gone😭
  • 5 What does “I’ve made 2 support requests that are still awaiting processing” mean please? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

1. Hello @Blue Voider,

Welcome!

• 1 “Should I wait till after my current licence to expire to buy the licence?” No. 

Buy the “deal” but don’t apply it until the current license expires. 

• 2 “ Would buying the deal now waste any remaining days I have left?” No. 

Buying a new license and not applying it will not affect your current license, however, make sure your current license is not set to auto-renew.

• 3 “ Is there a way to remove licences from current devices? Yes

Why would you wish to remove an existing valid license?

Why lose 23 days? 

• 4 “How long will the 50% deal last?”, Kaspersky Marketing could probably tell you, however, some advice from our past sad experience, recently, there was an amazing “deal”, we made the mistake of not making the purchase, when we went back - a few days later, to “seize the opportunity”, it was gone😭
    • 5 What does “I’ve made 2 support requests that are still awaiting processing” mean please? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

1. How do I check to make sure my license isn’t set to auto renew?
  1. There are computers I don’t use any more and I have a PC that has no protection other than Windows defender. I would like to move a licence to that one unless there’s a way I can get more for the same price of renewing.
  1. I’ve made 2 requests for technical support through “My Kaspersky Support” to adress this matter and they haven’t replied yet. Both requests are “waiting for processing requests”.

Hello @Blue Voider,

You’re welcome!

• 2 Log into your My Kaspersky account, select Licenses tab, select the specific software (if there’s more than 1 licensed product), select Details, if Auto-renewal is enabled it will show ‘Subscription is active’, ‘Auto-Renewal is ON’ & a Turn OFF button

• 3 Follow How to transfer a Kaspersky product license from one device to another
  • 5 Hmm, that’s unusual, actually, really unusual, even with the pandemic, Kaspersky’s response time is very good; for the INCs that have “waiting for processing requests”, status, did you receive automated emails with the INC reference numbers? If the INCs are for the issues you’ve raised here & if your concerns remain unanswered (by us), check the Support page, select your location, select Application use, select Phone (not available all locations) & or Live Chat (not available all locations), provide the Support agent with the INC reference numbers and ask them to please assist? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Resource:

How to disable license auto-renewal for Kaspersky solutions for home