Receive security news without taskbar notification?

Hello,

with Kaspersky default settings you receive security news and get notified by green envelope icon in taskbar.

I turned off security news as explained here: https://support.kaspersky.com/help/Kaspersky/Win21.13/en-US/137577.htm

If I want to manually check the security news from time to time how can I do it?

I dont want taskbar notification, but I want some page where can I see list of the security news.

Is it possible?

Thanks.

On 5/26/2023 at 12:12 AM, Foxtrot said:
  1. Is it possible?

Hello @Foxtrot

This is fascinating, we've had security news - all options - enabled - for 11 months, in the hope we *would* get a security news item taskbar notification - it's *never* happened image.thumb.jpeg.304e14efdcede62a244edce97235dbbe.jpeg

Tonight, we provided How to enable or disable security news to another Community member who wanted to know how to turn "security news notification / envelope icon in taskbar" OFF & he said it didn't work!!  

• ?Could you help us out here please @Foxtrot & post a screen shot of the taskbar notification please - hide any personal information before posting please? 

Please post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

Ok, I reenabled all promotional materials as highlighted in your screenshot.

Now we have to wait, because I dont know when will new security news arrive. The last one I have is from 19.05, then I disabled it. But I cannot be sure it worked... Maybe it didnt and there just werent any news.

But if green envelope taskbar notification arrives, I will post it here.

image.thumb.png.a5dec119e57b21d103e21ef831e84392.png

Edited by Foxtrot
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Foxtrot said:
  1.  I re-enabled all promotional materials - if green envelope taskbar notification arrives, I will post it here. 

Hello @Foxtrot

1. Thank you so very much, that would be really appreciated! 

And, your image has the *other* place News *should* show up?

image.thumb.jpeg.43b6e3896ee07d5dfc875e71064fdf8f.jpegknew it had to be there somewhere?

We've never had news in the app, nor the "green envelope taskbar notification", can't believe that in 11 months, we're the only Kaspersky subscriber that's happened to?

Thank you?
Flood?+?

pn

On 5/25/2023 at 7:53 PM, Foxtrot said:

Ok, I reenabled all promotional materials as highlighted in your screenshot.

Now we have to wait, because I dont know when will new security news arrive. The last one I have is from 19.05, then I disabled it. But I cannot be sure it worked... Maybe it didnt and there just werent any news.

But if green envelope taskbar notification arrives, I will post it here.

image.thumb.png.a5dec119e57b21d103e21ef831e84392.png

I have only one :classic_huh: 

image.thumb.png.d64a06187c31c6082ea4afbd105bcf46.png

• Thanks 1

I know :classic_cool: but i am glad that i have this :classic_smile: 

For many years, I was used to a different control (settings) of Kaspersky. Now a change has come and you have to get used to other modern settings.

Bugs when they will be fixed, then it will be great program :classic_tongue:

1 hour ago, nexon said:

I know :classic_cool: but i am glad that i have this :classic_smile: 

For many years, I was used to a different control (settings) of Kaspersky.

Now a change has come and you have to get used to other modern settings.

Bugs when they will be fixed, then it will be great program :classic_tongue:

@nexon

It's got *nothing* to do with *getting used to anything* or *now a change has come*, i.e., the *new* release - the issue existed in the original release: 

Things get *fixed* when the source of the problem is provided to the developers - which is what this topic is about - it's not about how much you love Kaspersky software OR how much you will love Kaspersky software - when things get fixed. 

End of discussion please @nexon - unless (you) get the News envelope notification, on the TASKBAR

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanna say, that I didnt forget but Kaspersky still didnt send me any news. I dont know why. Maybe it just doesnt work reliably and when I disabled it and then re-enabled it just decided to stop sending me news altogether. Sorry.

41 minutes ago, Foxtrot said:

Just wanna say, that I didn't forget but Kaspersky still didn't send me any news. I don't know why.

*Maybe it just doesn't work reliably and when I disabled it and then re-enabled it just decided to stop sending me news altogether.*

Sorry. 

Hello @Foxtrot

Thank you for the update! 

There's absolutely no need to apologize; we really appreciate your feedback!

*Murphy's law*, this *security news / taskbar notification* issue is a HUGE pain in the ar*e; it's been raised before & probably will be again in the future; it REALLY p*sses people off, it should not happen & it should be easy to fix; for some reason it's not possible to replicate -> we've tried for more than 14 months. 

Thanks again?
Flood?+?

• 2 weeks later...