Python 3.7 and conda install in WSL - Blocked by Kaspersky, detected as PDM:Trojan.Win32.Generic

Go to solution Solved by klein_andreas2002,

Hi,

I want to update in my WSL - Ubuntu the python installation

The command is ‘conda install passlib’.

At the installation process stops Kaspersky the process and deletes the python3.7 executable.

My host system:

• Windows 10
    • Windows Subsystem for Linux
    • Distributor ID: Ubuntu
      Description:    Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS
      Release:        18.04
      Codename:       bionic
  • Kaspersky Internet Security 20.0.14.1085(g)

I tried to add an exception to the python folder, but it doesn't seem to be a solution to my problem.

How can I suppress the Kaspersky activity for Python or the WSL?

Regards

Hello  @klein_andreas2002,

Welcome!

(I can’s see from the image) is the exception added at:

C:\Users\klein\AppData\Local\Packages\CanonicalGroupLimited.UbuntuonWindows_79rhkp1fndgsc\  ? 

You could check the exe at Kaspersky Virus Lab and submit a case with Kaspersky Technical Support,  zip the exe in a password protected archive & tell Support the password.

It may be a False Positive, Kaspersky may reclassify & or advise if they have a reason for the classification.

Please let us know the outcome?

Thank you

Hello @klein_andreas2002,

You’re very welcome!

Thank you for replying & the additional information🙏 ’

The VL KSN result is as I expected, if I hadn’t added the step a gremil would have popped up🤐

1. Submitting a case with history, system information, KIS detection Report, the zipped exe.. as much info as can be provided, is the best way to proceed. 
  2. Support will probably ask for a GSI & Windows Logs, to aid timely investigation it’s good to include it with your submission.
  3. Support may also ask for traces, captured as the issue is replicated, they will guide you  with the collection of these. 

Please let us know the outcome? 

• 🤔 What is the trust status of WSL-Ubuntu-Python?
  • 🤔 It probably won’t make any difference, but, try adding the exception at a higher level…. 

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Solution

Hi @FLOOD ,

The technical support was very helpful and solved my problem.

I tried to reinstall the Python library and the process worked without any warnings from Kaspersky software. Great!

Many thanks for the good communication. 🤝

Here is the technical support answer:

In continuation of our communication, I am very glad to inform you that the false detection of Python has been identified and the issue will be resolved. The fix will be implemented in a few days and will be automatically installed on your system.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Should you face any more issues or have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us again and we will be more than happy to assist you. Kind regards, Christopher Daskalakis "Kaspersky" Technical Support Agent