Problem: if Windows SandBox (1909) is activated, Kaspersky does not work because it does not detect a virtual machine (tested on several computers)

Madrianrey

When Windows SandBox is activated, Kasperspy automatically stops working with virtual machine isolation. The message it gives is that it has not detected one. When the Windows option is removed (from features) and Isolation works again. Before it worked perfectly, until I installed SandBox, from there it didn't work anymore. Other virtualization systems that I use (VMWare and VirtualBox) are not affected, Only Kaspersky,

KTS 20.0.14.1085(i)

W10x64 1909 18363.657

Hi,

Welcome.

Similar problem i have with virtual machines and kaspersky have also problem with safe money (there is a bug) and KL engineers must turn off one feature that enabling virtualization technology in program kaspersky. 

This wiil be fixed few weeks with database update probably or with next patch (j).

And also in past i can not use virtual machine if virtualization technology is enabled in kaspersky because must use only in one product - vmware (for example) or kaspersky...

Hi,

Welcome.

Similar problem i have with virtual machines and kaspersky have also problem with safe money (there is a bug) and KL engineers must turn off one feature that enabling virtualization technology in program kaspersky. 

This wiil be fixed few weeks with database update probably or with next patch (j).

And also in past i can not use virtual machine if virtualization technology is enabled in kaspersky because must use only in one product - vmware (for example) or kaspersky...

Hi.

I used always (before test Windows SandBox in 1909) VmWare with Kaspersky isolation Virtual Machine  (SafeMoney), together, never had problems. Now I tested, enable WSandBox and Kaspersky VM don’t work, I disabled Windows SandBox and Kaspersky Work (Test with identical images of particion dissk, restored from a Acronis’s Images maked befores activated WSandBox. If Windows SandBox is enables, and after disabled in THE SAME WINDOWS INSTALLATION, Kaspersky will never detect again a Vitual Machine options...). 

Thanks,

@Madrianrey hello,

Is there a possibility to test the issue with KIS 2021 beta (https://eap.kaspersky.com/)? Does the issue persist in this case?

I test in a VM Windows Insiders fast ring and other programs but I think that will use a Security’s Solution in beta level isn’t recommended. Can I use a beta without a licence in a VM?

Thanks,

@Madrianrey hello,

Is there a possibility to test the issue with KIS 2021 beta (https://eap.kaspersky.com/)? Does the issue persist in this case?

I test in a VM Windows Insiders fast ring and other programs but I think that will use a Security’s Solution in beta level isn’t recommended. Can I use a beta without a licence in a VM?

Thanks,

Yes it is not recommended but it is virtual machine not REAL system :) and in virtual machine you can do whatever you want…

And Yes beta version you can activate for FREE (beta keys) or click on activate trial.