Password manager for family with multiple computers

Otly
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

I've been using Kaspersky password manager for years now on multiple PC's. So I can log in on any account from every PC. But I don't want my kids that are now becoming tech savvy to be able to access bank accounts and other sensitive sites. How do I arrange for sensitive accounts to be only available from my own PC and not the others?  Do I need a separate KPM for that?

Appreciate any advice.

Regards,

Otly

21 minutes ago, Otly said:

I've been using Kaspersky password manager for years now on multiple PC's. So I can log in on any account from every PC. But I don't want my kids that are now becoming tech savvy to be able to access bank accounts and other sensitive sites. How do I arrange for sensitive accounts to be only available from my own PC and not the others?  Do I need a separate KPM for that?

Hello @Otly

Welcome back! 

1. Does the KPM license have multiple User accounts - i.e. *more than one* OR are you the sole subscriber? 
  2. IF it's *sole subscriber* - you have the MASTER password, across multiple computers - are you sharing that password with family members? 
  3. IF it's *multiple User accounts* - each User account - has their own KPM vault & their own KPM MASTER password. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Otly said:

I'm not sure Flood. I have a license for multiple PC's but I don't see any indication if it is for multiple user or single user accounts.

Hello @Otly

Thank you for posting back & the information! 

1. Is (your) subscription a stand-alone KPM license OR a combined license - Kaspersky AV - that *includes* KPM? 
  • Go to: (your) My Kaspersky account, select the Subscriptions tab, if the KPM subscription is stand-alone it will show the number of User accounts & IF it's a combined AV software license - select the *Apps icon* - KPM will be listed there & the number of User accounts will be specified: the following image shows 5 KPM User accounts are available: 

image.thumb.jpeg.471eeebc1d77b3556b2d4b495baa4e57.jpeg

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

• Like 1

• Solution
2 hours ago, Otly said:
  • It appears I have an account for just one user.
  1. I guess I have to somehow upgrade the account to multiple users if that is even possible.

Hello @Otly

You're most welcome!

Upgrading *an existing license* is not possible - but to be absolutely sure - we logged a chat request at 19:22 & have been queued ever since, it's now 20:00😫, we finally got thru - unfortunately definitely not possible!

Kaspersky Plus & Kaspersky Premium both come with KPM Premium - for example - either of those subscriptions, 10 devices, for a 2-year period, come with 10 User accounts = 10 individual KPM Premium vaults: Kaspersky Premium - it depends on (your) needs & how many children (you) have. 

Please post back if there's more information or assistance required? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

update - post chat with KCS
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
13 hours ago, alanarmstrong said:

I have wondered about this for years, I have password manager as part of Total Security and it shows in the Apps section, 2 Users.

1. How to I set up the second user account.
  2. Also, TS is for 5 devices and Safe Kids is for 5 Users, so (3why is Password just for 2, seems strange.

Hello @alanarmstrong

Welcome back!

1. @Berny answered this in (your) previous topic: Password Manager always asking to confirm Kaspersky account before starting.
  2. Kaspersky Safe Kids can be managed by *one User* (MyKaspersky account) *only*, KSK software can be installed on up to *100 devices*. 
  3. The number of private password vaults available to you varies according to the subscription purchased. The subscription (you) purchased is a 2 User account subscription - nothing *strange* about it. 
  4. Kaspersky's *new* software subscriptions, Kaspersky Plus, that *replaces* Kaspersky Total Security, has KPM with a 5 User accounts options(see image below)
  5. READ: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ - by Danila T. 
  6. Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - subscriptions, purchased via a Kaspersky website OR (your) MyKaspersky account *activate* on the purchase date, not the software install date. 
  7. Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - subscriptions, purchased via a Kaspersky website OR (your) MyKaspersky account - do not have an Activation code - rather a License code is sent directly to (your) MyKaspersky account. 
  8. The *Unlimited* VPN is for the Subscriber account *only*, all other User accounts on the Kaspersky Plus & Kaspersky Premium subscriptions get Free/Standard VPN

USER_2024-01-01_143624.thumb.jpg.4ce861cc1483daeaf9a586285ee5a60f.jpg

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

fixed link