Password exports and imports format is txt

crynet

3 minutes ago, crynet said:
  • I exported the passwords from Kaspersky website's password section,
  1. it exported into txt format.

Now I want to reimport that exported file into my different Kaspersky account but it needs csv format.

Hello @crynet

Welcome!

1. Correct: the Export to text file feature is a simple, unprotected text file, but, the text file can be opened with Excel & resaved as .csv; however - note - the Export to text file feature is not primarily designed as a data recovery tool. 
  2. The Create Copy / Backup copy feature exports the data into an encrypted file in EDB format, that file can be used to restore data to another machine. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

image.thumb.png.e89c25a5aeb3efa767faa9d5c8164ab6.png

• 2 weeks later...

Yes it can be opened with excel or any other spread sheet , and you can resave it. But that doesnt change the real format of the text file inside it . 

It doesn't make the file parseable by the Kaspersky software.

So why do they even give the feature of clear text exports.

I even tried all scripts available on GitHub , which you should always check the whole code because it can be malicious. But even those converter scrips dont work either.

Thanks.

Edited by crynet

35 minutes ago, crynet said:
  1. Yes, it can be opened with excel or any other spread sheet, and you can resave it. But that doesn't change the real format of the text file inside it. 
  2. It doesn't make the file parseable by the Kaspersky software.
  3. So why do they even give the feature of clear text exports.
  4. I even tried all scripts available on GitHub , which you should always check the whole code because it can be malicious. But even those converter scrips don't work either.

Hello @crynet

You're most welcome!

1. Correct. 
  2. Correct.
  3. As it clearly states in the app & the documentation: the Export to text file lets you export data as text to be printed using a printer- reference: Kaspersky Password Manager for Microsoft Windows, Export
  4. Ok, that would be considered 'good practice', but it does not change the outcome. 
  5. IF KPM is Premium, not Free, you may wish to raise the issue with Kaspersky support, on the support page, select either Email or Chat, then select Feedback, I have a Suggestion, or Feedback, I have a Complaint template - provide a detailed history & explanation/reasons for the request.
  6. Support will submit the request to the relevant team(s) & hopefully provide you with feedback.

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available?
Thank you?
Flood?+?