My child uses the internet but there is no report

Jonathan234

Hello Support Team Kaspersky!

I hope the team can support my case. Currently, my my Kaspersky account does not display the content of my two children's internet access.
  - The children's 2 accounts have been disconnected from view since August 14 & 16 until now, and they have not sent email reports about the banned websites that the children try to open every day.
- Other monitoring parts such as: Device usage, Applications, Social networks... are still displayed normally.

I hope admin will support me soon.
Thank you very much admin.
Parents.

2.jpg

1.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

Are you sure the children did not send anything? Does the problem persist? In my opinion, you have deactivated this option, or there is a more serious problem that cannot be assessed from this perspective. I recommend that you check your settings carefully, maybe that will help at least a little?

• 2 weeks later...

Same problem here.  I am wondering if v 23.0.0.415a broke this feature as well as device usage timekeeping.  I did a clean reinstall of the product.  The installer was some version 23.0.0.399.  It worked for a day but that was it.  I suspect once it automatically updated, it broke.

Client machine is Windows 10, version 22H2 with all current patches.  This product has worked well for many years on the machine.

Data previously stopped being collected after 9/2/23 - not sure if that coincides with .415a release.

Edited by Sierra Dad

HI all, 

To fix this issue please do the following: (copied the instruction by Sierra Dad, as it has a more polished look)

1) Locate the  program folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Safe Kids 23.0

or

C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Safe Kids 23.0

2) Open a command prompt with administrator rights

Search the Start menu for "cmd", right-click the resulting "Command Prompt" entry, select "Run As Administrator." 
       You should be asked for the Windows password of your Admin account. 

3) In the command prompt window, change the directory to the folder you found above. E.g.:

cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Safe Kids 23.0

4) In the command prompt window type this:

safekids.com update

5) Press the Enter Key

6) Wait until the update is complete and restart the PC

• Like 1

I also started having issues around 9/1. The computer runs windows 10 version 22H2. tried uninstalling and re-installing software which fixed the problem for 1 day. Tried the above fix but got "is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file" . What am i doing wrong?

The update process recommended by Kaspersky appears to have corrected the issue.  My instructions from Support were slightly different (but functionally the same).  You will need some familiarity with the Windows file system and command line for this process. 

1) Locate the  program folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Safe Kids 23.0

or

C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Safe Kids 23.0

2) Open a command prompt with administrator rights

Search the Start menu for "cmd", right-click the resulting "Command Prompt" entry, select "Run As Administrator." 
       You should be asked for the Windows password of your Admin account. 

3) In the command prompt window, change the directory to the folder you found above. E.g.:

cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Safe Kids 23.0

4) In the command prompt window type this:

safekids.com update

5) Press the Enter Key

6) Wait until the update is complete and restart the PC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1