"Manage Application" became unresponsive

Nemo
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

6 hours ago, Nemo said:

OS, Windows 10, v 22H2 (comp. 19045.2604), Kaspersky Internet Security v 21.3.10.391 (j)

I am experiencing a problem where, when I click on "Manage Applications" under "Application Control", nothing happens.

How Should I proceed to fix this problem?

Hello @Nemo

Welcome!

Please do the following: 

1. Open KIS main application window.
  2. Select Settings⚙ icon, lower left-hand-side of window.
  3. Select Manage settings.
  4. Select Export, a Windows Save as, will show, name & save the KIS file
  5. Return to KIS, select Manage settings, select Restore, select Next, select Confirm, select Done.  
  6. Shutdown the computer using SHUTDOWN, not Restart, when the computer if fully OFF, power ON, by pressing the power button, login, recheck the original issue? 

?Note: Do not Import the original configuration file unless you've confirmed the issue is resolved & be alert to the fact the issue may return when the original configuration file is imported, if in fact there was an error or misconfiguration that was the root cause of the original issue? 

Please share the outcome with the Community when it's available? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• Like 1

Thank you for your response!

I did as instructed, and the problem was solved.

I then exported a .cfg with this clean version for testing, and imported the old .cfg to see what would happen, and the problem started happening again.

The I Imported back the clean .cfg, and, while the "Manage Application" would open, it would give the error message "An error processing data has occurred. Data is unavailable".

However, shutting dow KIS and reopening it soved the issue, and I can use the "Manage Applicatios" normaly again.

Thank you for your help! 

• Thanks 1

Greetings!

I am experiencing a problem where, when I click on "Manage Applications" under "Application Control", nothing happens. I can't tell when exactly the problem started, only that I noticed it today, and I had used this function before to add exclusions to apps that wouldn't work unless done so, such as Ubisoft Connect.

How Should I proceed to fix this problem?

My OS is Windows 10, version 22H2 (comp. 19045.2604)

My Kaspersky Internet Security version is 21.3.10.391 (j)

Greetings!

I recently was having a problem where my "Manage Applications" wasn't opening, and, after following the advice posted here, I thought it was solved, but I think my problem is a bit more complicated.

Once I started to use my computer today, I noticed that programs such as Steam and Ubisoft Connect would give connection errors specifically when my Kaspersky Internet Security was running (even if I clicked on "pause protection").

I created exceptions on both the firewall and the "manage applications" functions, but nothing worked.

I started to suspect that something was really wrong when one of the programs related to Steam was reported "moved or missing" (and it wasn't) when I tried to create an exception for it on "manage applications." I removed it from the list and re-added it, but once I clicked on "save", KIS crashed and restarted. This happened every time i tried to add this program.

I was considering reinstalling KIS, but decided to report this here first.

My OS is Windows 10, version 22H2 (comp. 19045.2604)

My Kaspersky Internet Security version is 21.3.10.391 (j)

• The title was changed to "Manage Application" became unresponsive
  • Solution
6 hours ago, Nemo said:

Windows 10, version 22H2 (comp. 19045.2604), Kaspersky Internet Security version is 21.3.10.391 (j)

I recently was having a problem where my "Manage Applications" wasn't opening, and, after following the advice posted here, I thought it was solved, but I think my problem is a bit more complicated.

Once I started to use my computer today, I noticed that programs such as Steam and Ubisoft Connect would give connection errors specifically when my Kaspersky Internet Security was running (even if I clicked on "pause protection").

I created exceptions on both the firewall and the "manage applications" functions, but nothing worked.

I started to suspect that something was really wrong when one of the programs related to Steam was reported "moved or missing" (and it wasn't) when I tried to create an exception for it on "manage applications." I removed it from the list and re-added it, but once I clicked on "save", KIS crashed and restarted. This happened every time i tried to add this program.

Hello @Nemo

Welcome back!

Definitely uninstall KIS & start again please - during the uninstall process you'll be presented with a Saving data for future use window - do not check/tick any boxes except License information make sure that is checked but leave every other checkbox empty/blank; at the end of the uninstall make sure the computer if completely rebooted, then download a new KIS exe & install according to the documentationHow to install the application, after the install of the new software is complete run a Manual database update & a Full scan - allow both to complete & recheck the original issue? 

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• Like 1

Hey there! Thank you again for your response!

I did as instructed, and I think the problems were solved for good this time. I've been testing for a couple of hours now, and the KIS seems to be behaving normally. I believe that something may have been corrupted, as I have experienced some shutdowns due to energy shortages in the past few days.

Once again, thank you so much for your help!

On 2/27/2023 at 5:24 AM, Nemo said:
  1. I did as instructed, and I think the problems are solved for good this time. 

Once again, thank you so much for your help!

Hello @Nemo

You're most welcome!

1. Good work?

Thank you for taking the time to update the Community?

We're delighted with the outcome?‍♂️

Best regards. 
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
  • Like 1