[Mac] Wanted to download a Total Security trial to see how it worked, but the Internet Security version got loaded. Is there a way to do a trial of the Total Security version?

Wanted to download a Total Security trial to see how it worked, but the Internet Security version got loaded. Is there a way to do a trial of the Total Security version?

Wanted to download Total Security trial to see how it worked, but the Internet Security version got loaded. Is there a way to do a trial of the Total Security version?
Hello 79AG, Welcome!
  1. Please check all system, hardware and software requirements and prepare your system before uninstalling / installing Kaspersky software.
  1. What to do with applications incompatible with Kaspersky Total Security
  2. KIS 2020 library
  3. KTS 2020 library
  4. KTS 2020 DOWNLOAD - When you select the download, uncheck "auto-renewal", select "try for 30 days".
KTS comes with Kaspersky Secure Connection/VPN pre-installed, this is the "free" VPN, 200mb/daily data allowance, increases to 300mb/daily, if/when you connect to MyKaspersky.com (account) web portal. 18 virtual locations, automatically selected. If you wish to have more data or configure the virtual locations, it's necessary to purchase a subscription. Best regards:pray_tone3: Free Kaspersky software has advertising, config limitations and no Technical Support.

Thanks for the info. System requirements to the Total Security mentioned Windows, but this is for a MAC. Therefore, I assumed that Total Security wouldn't work on my MAC and manually uninstalled it. I didn't appreciate the fact that the uninstaller wasn't available on the trial version. I'll go look for another A-V product.

Thanks for the info. System requirements to the Total Security mentioned Windows, but this is for a MAC. Therefore, I assumed that Total Security wouldn't work on my MAC and manually uninstalled it. I didn't appreciate the fact that the uninstaller wasn't available on the trial version. I'll go look for another A-V product.
Hello 79AG Thanks for clarifying your post.

• 8 months later...

In my opinion, Mac does not require an Anti Virus.Why would Apple sell a consumer friendly device which was unsafe unless you went out and installed third party software? https://www.apple.com/macos/security/.

The vast majority of malware out there is in the form of Windows executables which will not run on the Mac. There are purpose-made forms of Mac Malware but most users don't encounter it. There are no true viruses for the Mac in the wild.All Macs have a set of inbuilt malware protections. These include XProtect which is the internal malware scanner.
The Mac will not routinely run software downloaded from the internet. The default setting requires all apps to be signed by a trusted source. If you only get software from the Mac App Store, these apps are not only pre-vetted for safety, but also include sandboxing internal walls which prevent malware from exploiting any weakness in the software.
Anyone concerned about malware on the Mac should be aware that all recent attacks have been associated with Adobe Flash and Java. The Mac does not ship with them installed. Installing them is a bad idea.