KSWS 11.0.1.897: Application Database is extremely out of date

Hello Community,

I have a lot of KSWS Clients which have up to date databases and are running without problems.
However, a few cannot update and therefore have the error message “Application Database is extremely out of date”
The Update Task is running for one second and then is “completed”.
I also tried reinstalling KSWS but the problem is still the same.

I am on the latest patch level (11.0.1.897) I think.

It would be great if someone has an idea how I can update the databases again.

Are computers being managed by KSC?
If yes, changing the task to download from the Internet, can you update the computers?
Is Network Agent communicating with KSC?

Hey there, I have the same issue encountered and NO, by changing the task to download from the internet doesn’t solve the problem. Yes Network agent is communicating with KSC.

I tried rolling back the database update and re-running the update task from internet but no use.

same situation here.

Network Agent is communicating with KSC, downloading updates from Internet does not change anything.

Not even update from offline source works.

it says “running” for one second an then it show “complete” but it still not work.

All other servers in the same subnet/management group are OK.

Hi, i have the same issue described by @FL81.

I also try to downloading updates from internet and the result is the same: the update task starts and it ends after about 3 seconds, task is running and passes from 51% to 91% and…..ends !

All the clients that have this issue are normally used during office hours and at the end of the working day they are off (not standby). I also try to reboot some clients but the issue is the same.

A little experiment: on one client i try to uninstall KES and NA, reboot client, re-install NA and KES: the issue disappeared and the client return to download updates without issue.

Hope this can be of help in solving the problem.

Hi,

Happy New Year! In order to resolve the update databases issue, please ensure your KSWS devices are activated with key file instead of activation code.

You can convert your activation code to key file at keyfile.kaspersky.com

If you are still unable to get this working with above documentation, please contact our support department so we can assist you: Contact Information | Kaspersky

Kind regards.

Hi,

Happy New Year! In order to resolve the update databases issue, please ensure your KSWS devices are activated with key file instead of activation code.

Thank you but not my case, all of my Windows10 clients are under management of KSC console and all the KES license are correctly distributed by KSC (during ticket session i sent a local screenshot of one pc client involved in the problem, license seems to be ok).

We need a solution, actual workaround is a uninstall/reboot/reinstall cycle, but it’s only a workaround 😀

Happy new year!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Thanks for your advice, I did a lot of tests with a kaspersky engineer and actually redistributing the license via key file solved my problem.