KPM (Windows) can't update itself

CDanilo25

Hi! I have noticed the app can't update itself anymore. The app used to auto-update before a certain version which I think broke it. I don't know when exactly the function disappeared though.

The problem is that the app does not have the "update" function anymore. It used to be under "Advanced". There was also some settings somewhere but I can't find them anymore.
My KPM for Windows version is 10.2.0.341 / 1667763902_7297 / 1.0.523.0-0.8.3.0_1, installed manually today.

Am I the only one with this issue? I also have Kaspersky Security Cloud installed -- but I don't think this app can update KPM.

Please take a look on the attachment the differences between two versions I have installed on different PCs. The "white" build is pretty old (version 9.0.2.16299 (p) / 1621871575_6872 / 1.0.363.0-0.8.3.0_1), while the "black" build is the new one. Notice how "Controlla aggiornamenti" (Check for Updates) is missing. Also, on the "Advanced" settings, the option to automatically check for updates is missing (second pictures, "Aggiornamento" -- "Update").

Thank you for your assistance.

kpm_1.png

kpm_2.png

Edited by CDanilo25

7 hours ago, CDanilo25 said:
  • KPM for Windows version is 10.2.0.341 / 1667763902_7297 / 1.0.523.0-0.8.3.0_1, installed manually today.
  • Kaspersky Security Cloud installed -- but I don't think this app can update KPM.
  •  The "white" build (version 9.0.2.16299 (p) / 1621871575_6872 / 1.0.363.0-0.8.3.0_1), the "black" build is 10.2.0.341, the new one. 
  • I have noticed the app can't update itself anymore.
  • The problem is that the app does not have the "update" function anymore. It used to be under "Advanced".
  • There were also some settings somewhere, but I can't find them anymore.

Hello @CDanilo25

Welcome!

As per design, since version 9.2, KPM updates are managed by the application, please refer to Kaspersky's documentation: Update Kaspersky Password Manager

A Kaspersky Password Manager update fixes bugs, adds new features, and improves the performance of existing features.

?Update since 9.2 version?

Kaspersky Password Manager automatically checks the update server once a week for a new version of the application. If a new version is available, Kaspersky Password Manager downloads it to your computer in silent mode.

After downloading the new version, the application compares all agreements from the previous version with the agreements in the update. If nothing requires user actions, Kaspersky Password Manager starts the update automatically.

If terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement or Privacy Policy has changed, the application prompts you to review and accept new agreements.

If you don't agree with new terms and conditions of the application usage, you continue using the previous version of Kaspersky Password Manager, which agreements you have accepted.

After the update is installed, Kaspersky Password Manager prompts you to restart the application to apply changes.

Before removing the previous version of the application, make sure that the password protection authorization method is enabled in the application. Otherwise, all data in the vault will be permanently lost.

• Regarding Kaspersky Security Cloud updating KPM, you are correct, this does not happen. 
  • IF your KPM is not auto-updating, please ensure, that Windows is updated to the latest commercial OS; & that you have a KPM backup copy; please log a support request, on the support page, select Chat or Email, then fill in: Application malfunction, Other template; support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Resource:

Kaspersky Password Manager for Windows release notes

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife