KES 11.3 to 11.4 Upgrades Failing

Hello

We are running KES 11.3 on all our Windows 10 2004 PCs. I have sporadically been upgrading them using KSC12. It appears that the upgrade is successful and completes successfully as the PC automatically restarts at the end of the process.

However, when the PCs boot back up, the application is not started and won’t start when you try to start it from KSC.

Looking at the Kaspersky Endpoint Log in Event Viewer it just shows ‘ Application crashed during previous session’.

The only ‘fix’ i seem to have found is to manually uninstall 11.4 and then install it again from KSC which then seems to work ok.

Given the number of PCs I have to update though this isn’t really an option to do for them all, especially when most of them are in use all day.

Can you provide any insight into why this would be happening? I’ve not had symptoms like this during any previous update.

Thanks

Hi @swoopy 

I had this exact same issue.

This was the response from support:

Do you have Patch A installed? if not, can you please try the below steps and see if it works:
- Uninstall Network Agent 12 and KES 11.4
- Go to Registry Editor> Edit> Find 'Kaspersky'> delete all Kaspersky's stuff from there
- Please ensure that there are no Kaspersky folders or registry keys left behind.
- Deploy Network Agent 12 and KES 11.3. So this matches your current production environment.
- Install Patch A (https://support.kaspersky.com/15526). There are 3 types of patch A, please install it to the Network Agent 12 and your Administration Server.
- Run the installation task to install KES 11.4

Depending on your setup, the instructions above might not apply...

I will add however, that I have since tried it on a couple of test devices, and the update fails. Just haven’t got around to investigating further.

Hi @swoopy 

I had this exact same issue.

This was the response from support:

Do you have Patch A installed? if not, can you please try the below steps and see if it works:
- Uninstall Network Agent 12 and KES 11.4
- Go to Registry Editor> Edit> Find 'Kaspersky'> delete all Kaspersky's stuff from there
- Please ensure that there are no Kaspersky folders or registry keys left behind.
- Deploy Network Agent 12 and KES 11.3. So this matches your current production environment.
- Install Patch A (https://support.kaspersky.com/15526). There are 3 types of patch A, please install it to the Network Agent 12 and your Administration Server.
- Run the installation task to install KES 11.4

Depending on your setup, the instructions above might not apply...

I will add however, that I have since tried it on a couple of test devices, and the update fails. Just haven’t got around to investigating further.

Hi Minty

Thanks for your response. I’ll do some digging and see what we do / don’t have installed (I think we do already have patch a though) and I’ll also follow up with support if required.

I appreciate your response, glad it’s not just me :)