Kaspersky Total Security runs out soon - update to PLUS/PREMIUM ?

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hi, please help and advice, I am looking elsewhere as my Kaspersky Total Security runs out in 14 days, I have been offered to renew this [only up to 60% off], I also have password manager which runs out in about two months but had to pay extra for this, my question is: -

I understand that Kaspersky have released a brand-new download of which PLUS & PREMIUM also offer as standard Password Manager already included, I would of course prefer the new updated PLUS or PREMIUM, 1 or 2 devices for 2 years is adequate for my needs, I assume that KTS will cease soon due to the new software out now

Question is what offers do Kaspersky for the newer PLUS or PREMIUM? I am in the U.K. United Kingdom and how would I uninstall/update KTS and install new PLUS or PREMIUM, please help about options and how to proceed, thank you very much

Edited by IAWALL

Hello @IAWALL, Welcome.

We can't answer license questions in a reliable way in the forum. Only the support can do that.

What remains is a tip:
a KTS license can be upgraded to a 'Kaspersky Plus' license. Unlike the full Plus license, however, the unlimited VPN traffic is not included. All other Plus components like Password Manager and Safe Kids are included in the upgrade.
As I understand it, there is nothing to stop you from extending the KTS license first. Later you can take advantage of the upgrade. However, this has to be done manually.

https://forum.kaspersky.com/topic/kaspersky-basic-standard-plus-premium-info-faq-22816/#comment-98356, see Q1.

I still see a small problem with your password manager: it should be part of the KTS. Why do you have a separate license?

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Schulte said:

Hello @IAWALL, Welcome.

We can't answer license questions in a reliable way in the forum. Only the support can do that.

What remains is a tip:
a KTS license can be upgraded to a 'Kaspersky Plus' license. Unlike the full Plus license, however, the unlimited VPN traffic is not included. All other Plus components like Password Manager and Safe Kids are included in the upgrade.
As I understand it, there is nothing to stop you from extending the KTS license first. Later you can take advantage of the upgrade. However, this has to be done manually.

https://forum.kaspersky.com/topic/kaspersky-basic-standard-plus-premium-info-faq-22816/#comment-98356, see Q1.

I still see a small problem with your password manager: it should be part of the KTS. Why do you have a separate license?

Hi, I have bought KTS for a number of years and the latest two years back [two year subscription] and this did not include password security, I had to buy it seperatly as I always have to [this I did argue with Kaspersky at the time but no success], this is why I am concerned that I am not gaining or benefiting for my `loyalty` in just hitting the renew button again, I will look elsware, thanks for your help 

• Like 1

• Solution

Hello @IAWALL

1. Additional to Moderator @Schulte; IF there's only 2 weeks left of the KTS license, (in our opinion) it's not worth messing around, converting the existing KTS license to Kaspersky Plus, there's no advantage - just a lot of unnecessary work - it would be better to use the remaining KTS days & then start with a new Kaspersky Plus or Kaspersky Premium subscription. 
  2. IF you use the KTS - converted to Kaspersky Plus subscription method, in the next 2 weeks, prior to the KTS license expiry, the VPN will be the Free/Standard version, not Unlimited; if you wait & buy a brand-new Kaspersky Plus or Premium subscription after say mid Feb 2023, the VPN will be Unlimited, as Moderator @Schulte has advised above. 
  3. Kaspersky Plus - comes in 1, 3, 5 or 10 devices for one & two-year subscriptions. Kaspersky Premium is the same - see image at the end of our reply
  4. ?Read: How your subscription works - it's very important?
  5. The subscription activates on purchase date, not install date, do not delay installing the software. 
  6. We agree with Moderator @Schulte, normally KTS comes with Premium Kaspersky Password Manager, we do not understand why you would have needed to purchase it separately.
  7. We never buy Kaspersky 'renewal' subscriptions, in our experience those subscriptions are always more expensive than even Kaspersky's own on their general product page!image.thumb.png.73b3e6cab7db7bce3c43a1fa8877c02d.png

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
  • Like 1

Hello @IAWALL

1. Additional information, when you purchase a new subscription, also pay attention to how many User accounts the subscription covers - one User account = one MyKaspersky account & one Password manager - can be installed on however many devices you select the license for, two or more User accounts = two or more MyKaspersky accounts & two or more Password managers can be installed on however many devices you select the license for.
  2. Kaspersky VPN Unlimited is for the subscription owner only, if the subscription covers more User accounts, those users get Kaspersky VPN Free/Standard

image.thumb.png.8de1ef1544c77583449c60d44d8fbf09.png

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• Like 1