Kaspersky protection extension causing delays in facebook.

Anya

I recently uninstalled KSC because i noticed Kaspersky Protection extension for Edge and Chrome was causing delays in facebook.

I tested the extension with a fresh installed windows 10, with just Kaspersky protection extension enabled. When using facebook with the extension enabled, scrolling up and down had a significant delay between mouse action and screen result. Typing was also affected, with delays between word typing and screen results. 

Disabling kaspersky extension always solved the problem. The tests were conduced with Antibanner, Antitracking and SafeMoney disabled. I tried to enable and disable URL scan check but it didn’t make any difference. The problem was significantly worst with new Edge. 

I have 2 questions:

Are you aware of this problem?

How security would be impacted if I disable the extension in Edge? I mean, do I really need this extension if i wont use url advisor (i can use other exntension to replace this function), anti tracker, anti banner and safe money?

Ty

Hello @Anya

Welcome back!

1. Yes, there’ve been other reports of a similar issue. 
  2. Please clarify, which Kaspersky software (full name), version & patch(x) is installed, on the Windows Taskbar, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About
  3. If the software is KSC Free, the functions available for the Kaspersky protection extension are limited to the Kaspersky Onscreen virtual keyboard, disabling the Kaspersky Protection extension would not impact browser security. 

Your topic is in Kaspersky Security Cloud section, but you’ve added a Kaspersky Internet Security tag… 🤔

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Kaspersky Security Cloud package comparison

Hello @Anya

Welcome back!

1. Yes, there’ve been other reports of a similar issue. 
  2. Please clarify, which Kaspersky software (full name), version & patch(x) is installed, on the Windows Taskbar, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About
  3. If the software is KSC Free, the functions available for the Kaspersky protection extension are limited to the Kaspersky Onscreen virtual keyboard, disabling the Kaspersky Protection extension would not impact browser security. 

Your topic is in Kaspersky Security Cloud section, but you’ve added a Kaspersky Internet Security tag… 🤔

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Kaspersky Security Cloud package comparison

Sorry for the confusion with tags. 

I was using the last and updated version of KSC free. I can’t confirm the patch cause i uninstalled it a few days ago in consequence of this problem with the extension. I was testing Kaspersky cause i would buy the Kaspersky Internet Security version. I gave up in the last minute as result of this problem and cause i didn’t want to use the problematic extension but i didn’t have any idea about the impact to security it could cause. That’s why i tagged KIS too. 

Hello @Anya

No problem☺ !

Thank you for posting back & the additional information👌

1. If you do decide to install Kaspersky Internet Security, the Kaspersky Protection extension has greater functionality than Kaspersky Security Cloud Free. 
  2. You may wish to test Kaspersky Internet Security Premium Trial, to see if the “delays in Facebook, with, Kaspersky Protection extension → Chrome & Edge” is replicable🤔

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

1. If you do decide to install Kaspersky Internet Security, the Kaspersky Protection extension has greater functionality than Kaspersky Security Cloud Free. 

Hey @Flood and Flood's wife ty! 

Can you tell me which functionalities Kaspersky protection extension would have in case i decide to buy KIS? I need this information to decide if i could let the extension disabled until you fix the problem

Ty!