Kaspersky Protection (browser extension) Version 2.4.33.0 slowing down Edge, FF and Chrome

I am running Kaspersky Total Security v 21.3.10.391 on windows 10 (x64 build 19045) and windows 7, and the browser extension on both computers slowing down and sometimes making un-responsive each and everyone of my browsers, Edge, Chrome, FF, all browsers are at the latest as of 2023-05-12.  

On my Asus TUF windows 10, I can hear all the fans kick in when the browser starts hanging, I have verified that it is browser extension since disabling or removing the KS extension, will solve the problem, I have also on windows 10, completely uninstalled Kaspersky (VS and Extension) and reinstalled it and still have the same issue, I am not sure if this has to do with a KS update (exe or virus database) or some sort of windows update!!

Please advise.

Hello @AtlantaKid

Welcome.

We know about this problem, read forum first for similar topics without creating new!

Please see...

12 hours ago, Igor Kurzin said:

Dear all, the issue has been fixed and a new version of the extension is being prepared for the release. We will post an update when it is out. 

The workaround is to install a newer version of the product (Kaspersky Standard/Kaspersky Plus). 

We do apologize for the inconveniences caused. 

30 minutes ago, nexon said:

Hello @AtlantaKid

Welcome.

We know about this problem, read forum first for similar topics without creating new!

Please see...

Hi, thanks for heads up, I have 2 of the 3 years, 5 devices subscription for kaspersky total security, which product is replacing it where my activation code will still work, since threads are pointing to new versions 

kaspersky premium or plus or standard?

also will the new version of the extension automatically be installed or do I need to do manual update?

Kaspersky Plus is compatible with your key. You can later upgrade to Kaspersky Plus if you want. 

Also kaspersky total security is still supported so dont worry about this. 

Extension will be installed automatically (check extension settings) there is default set on automatic update. 

EDIT : Btw you wroted to wrong section if you have kaspersky total security and this is section for kaspersky internet security. 

Edited by nexon

• 3 weeks later...

@Alan in AUS

On 5/29/2023 at 11:49 AM, Mikhail Shakhov said:

Hello,

unfortunately, plugins release was postponed on 2 weeks. But you can use 2021 MR13 version. If it has not been released in your region yet, please contact to technical support to get it. 

Thank you. 

• 2 weeks later...