Kaspersky Plus Sensor Reading / RGB Control Bug

Go to solution Solved by Yury Parshin,

Starting today I had problems with the program "FanControl" not reading CPU temperature after a few seconds and the RGB Control of my RAM through GigabyteControlCenter not working correctly anymore.

Both problems are fixed by uninstalling Kaspersky Plus. Adding those programs to exceptions in Kaspersky doesnt work. Whatever got updated yesterday or this morning by Kaspersky caused those issues, since it was working fine before. I guess it has something to do with Kaspersky blocking access to hardware sensors and/or the SPD Hub of RAM.

I got the hint from FanControl's issues tracker on github (https://github.com/Rem0o/FanControl.Releases/issues/2571), where another person had the same problem and fixed it by uninstalling Kaspersky.

I hope this bug can be fixed asap or at least a workaround with exceptions for certain programs is made available.

• Like 2

Enter security>Intrusion Prevention There are all the apps installed on your computer. Try to search your app and services. Right click and put to low restriction (yellow tag) this app controls all app behaviour in you computer.

Same issue here with OpenRGB. The culprit is that WinRing0x64.sys is not loaded anymore.
When Kaspersky Standard is uninstalled, it all works fine. With Kaspersky installed, RAM and motherboard are not detected because of winring0 is prevented from running/loading.
For me this started after the Kaspersky update of 13 June 2024.

Adding OpenRGB or WinRing0x64.sys so they are allowed, does not help.

Edited by meegja