Kaspersky Password Manager doesn't even open.

As in the title, KPM could not run properly. I have been using this for 2 years without issues, but it doesn't open for a few days. When I try to run the app I can see kpm.exe for a few seconds in the Tasks Manager and then it disappears. kpm_service.exe also starts with kpm.exe but it keeps being active. I have reinstalled this app and it still doesn't work. My license expires in a few months so maybe it is an excellent time to find another password manager because I cannot find the solution.

Windows 10 Pro 22H2 19045.2604

Kaspersky Total Security 21.3.10.391 (j)

kpm_rd.png

• 1 year later...

I am having problems with Kaspersky PassWord manager. This is the second time it's gone into a spool and unable to get to my passwords.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Mack said:

I am having problems with Kaspersky Password manager.

This is the second time it's gone into a spool and unable to get to my passwords.

Hello @Mack

Welcome!

• *The FIRST thing to do (i.e., when you can get into KPM), when KPM is *not* spooling, is to create a KPM backup, so you have recovery data!*: Read: Create a backup copy

Please share (your) KPM version & Windows OS version & build & IF there's *other* Kaspersky software installed, name & version of that as well please? 

1. For KPM, in Windows, Taskbar, *Hidden* icons, rightclick the KPM icon, select About
  2. Ditto for any other Kaspersky software? 
  3. For Windows OS & build, in Windows Search, type WINVER, run the app, post back the information shown? 
  4. Since the problem "gone into a spool and unable to get to my passwords" started, has the computer been SHUTDOWN, using Shutdown, not Restart, followed by *power-on* by pressing the power button?
  5. IF the answer is YES & IF KPM has been clean installed & the issue persists, log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service, https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts  -> on the support page, select either Chat or Email, then fill in the template as shown in the image below; please include a *detailed history*. Support may request logs, traces & other data, they will guide you:  image.thumb.png.f26fcd300acf930d6250e0ab3a4882fd.png

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 
Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
pn