Kaspersky Internet Security now what

Craigcul

Hi there I have two Licenses of Kaspersky Internet Security (4 Devices each license) I see now that all your product are changing, I would like to know what happens now, My licenses only expire in February 2023.

Does the product stop working now or is it converted to something new?

thanks in anticipation.

1 hour ago, Craigcul said:

I have two Licenses of Kaspersky Internet Security (4 Devices each license). My licenses only expire in February 2023. I see now that all your product are changing.

1. I would like to know what happens now? Does the product stop working now or is it converted to something new?

Hello @Craigcul

Welcome!

1. No, KIS will not stop working, the original software will continue to be supported for some time, however. all development work will cease. 
  2. The original KAV/KIS/KTS & KSC will eventually be decommissioned, Kaspersky has no plans to keep the old range & the new range - forever - please read: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ, by Danila T.
  3. Please also read: Comparison of subscription plans - for a breakdown of the features available in each new product.
  4. Also, more reading: Kaspersky: we’re starting a new digital life.
  5. One thing to be alert to with the new range, if purchased online, the subscription begins on purchase date, not software install date. 
  6. Another thing to be alert to, to 'activate' the software, it must be synchronized with (your) MyKaspersky account. 

Any questions, please post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
Added 1 , so original 1 became 2.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Craigcul said:

Thanks very much Flood for the helpfully links and for answering my post. I have been using Kaspersky for many years great product hope it will continue to get better..

You're most welcome @Craigcul

Thank you for posting back!

To be honest, when Kaspersky announced Kaspersky Total Security (our favourite Kaspersky software), was headed for the scrap heap we were devastated, but as it turns out, the new software 'aint that bad?

We're not at all keen of forced subscriptions, they just annoys users, so hopefully that will change in the future, but the actual software seems to be ok. Certainly worth trying. 

IF you do decide to use it you may wish to share your thoughts, it's always welcome to have input from people who've been longtime Kaspersky users..

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

11 hours ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

You're most welcome @Craigcul

Thank you for posting back!

To be honest, when Kaspersky announced Kaspersky Total Security (our favourite Kaspersky software), was headed for the scrap heap we were devastated, but as it turns out, the new software 'aint that bad?

We're not at all keen of forced subscriptions, they just annoys users, so hopefully that will change in the future, but the actual software seems to be ok. Certainly worth trying. 

IF you do decide to use it you may wish to share your thoughts, it's always welcome to have input from people who've been longtime Kaspersky users..

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Ok I will will wait until my subscription is about to expire then I will apply for  the new product cause I don’t see an option at a cheaper fee to upgrade my current kis to the product for the remaining time even just to test the new product features. I think that Kaspersky is trying to be the same as another antivirus that was first named Peter ****n

enven though they have a much better product then that company.

Edited by Craigcul
Add extra explanation.
  • Like 1