Kaspersky Internet Sec (android) linked to specific device?

egerpad

Hello!

I use Kaspersky Internet Sec (android version) and Premium edition (one device one year option)

The app linked to a specific android device (samsung galaxy android smartphone)

If I change (or lost) the smartphone, I must re-buy the premium version?

Thanks

I use Kaspersky Internet Sec (android version) and Premium edition (one device one year option)

The app linked to a specific android device (samsung galaxy android smartphone)

1. If I change (or lost) the smartphone, I must re-buy the premium version?

Hello @egerpad
Welcome!

1. No. The license is associated with your MyKaspersky account, not the phone; read on: 
  2. To do everything to protect the phone & you, if the original phone were stolen, activate & TEST Anti-Theft & About Anti-Theft BEFORE the phone ever gets stolen → which we hope never happens.
  3. IF the phone is ever stolen OR when you TEST Anti-Theft, do not ever select Disconnect device, in your MyKaspersky account, for Anti-theft to work, the phone must be connected to the internet & must be able to communicate with your MyKaspersky account → if Disconnect device is selected, you will not be able to send Anti-theft messages to the phone!!! 
  4. Make regular backups, then if anything goes wrong & you need to do a factory reset of the phone, you can easily restore your important data. 
  5. If you were to change phones, simply transfer the license to the new device: uninstall KIS from the original device, in your MyKaspersky account →  select Disconnect device; on the new device → download new KIS installer, install KIS, configure KIS, synchronise KIS with your MyKaspersky account so it picks up the existing license.  
  6. IF you buy a new phone, make sure it’s compatible with KIS hardware & software requirements.

Please post back if more information is required? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Additional resources:

How to save the license for KIS Android when restoring your device to factory settings

Connect KIS app to your My Kaspersky account