Kaspersky for Microsoft Surface Pro X? [ARM processor]

Naveed Ahmed
Go to solution Solved by Igor Kurzin,

• Solution

Hi @Naveed Ahmed , 

Unfortunately, at the moment Kaspersky products are not compatible with Surface Pro X as its CPU (Microsoft SQ1) is based on ARM technology.

We have a registered request for compatibility with ARM based platforms, I have added your feedback to this request as well. Hoping the compatibility appears some time soon. 

Regards,

Igor

• Sad 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Dear Kaspersky Team,

Nothing changes, there are many devices on ARM processors, on Win 10 and 11 but nothing changes in your policy, these devices are still not supported - why? You are not interested in these clients? Please respond concerning what was done in this sphere within a year, when this topic was started.

Best regards

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kasperskies,

unfortunately I saw this post too late. Eventually having decided myself for the Surface Pro X (SQ2) I had to notice that my 2 years license for internet security wasn’t supported. Reviewing the previous posts it’s hard for me to understand why you still haven’t remedied either the technical issues or legal stuff with Microsoft.

Please get your stuff running, otherwise you’ll have another former customer.

Best regards

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Igor,

1 year has gone but as far as I know there is no news of a solution based on ARM

I think you all are aware that ARM is the present developing platform so your approach is really astonishing me

Shell we move to other antivirus software or you have started thinking seriously ?

• 5 months later...

And now, a half year later, and still silence. If we realized that our ARM devices, we would not have chosen KES Cloud. 

@Igor Kurzin if it helps, please add our request to the list of other requests, and come with an ETA as soon as possible.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You might think that after 22 months this issue would be solved? Still no luck installing KSOS. This is a mobile device used on business trips without protection? Should I purchase something else?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2020 at 8:59 AM, Igor Kurzin said:

Hi @Naveed Ahmed , 

Unfortunately, at the moment Kaspersky products are not compatible with Surface Pro X as its CPU (Microsoft SQ1) is based on ARM technology.

We have a registered request for compatibility with ARM based platforms, I have added your feedback to this request as well. Hoping the compatibility appears some time soon. 

Regards,

Igor

I have the same problem and recently our company bought new Surface 10 devices. please guide me to install Kaspersky.

Edited by haroon

Hello, I am a user of kaspersky products, I recently bought a samsung galaxy Go notebook with windows10 / 11 ARM, I received information from support that it will not be possible to use the product on this model because the cpu is not compatible. I always believed and recommended this super complete software to friends and family.

• 3 months later...

Same problem. I have Windows 11 and ARM64 proccessor. I can't install Kaspersky. 

As I understand it, Kaspersky is not interested in releasing a program for ARM64 chip, in which case I will have to abandon the product. It is very sad that the company did not release an application for the ARM64 processor after 2 years.

Very bad, Kaspersky...  ?