Issue with connecting to Python Package server, GCP and others

Every time I try to connect to GCP using Gcloud CLI, have an application that connects to Mongo Atlas, or use Pip to install a package throws an error of unable to connect. On checking firewall logs, it was stopped. Any specific reason why, I have to keep my firewall turned off whenever I am working? 

PS: the settings of the AV is all default.

43 minutes ago, dudday said:
  • Every time I try to connect to GCP using Gcloud CLI, have an application that connects to Mongo Atlas, or use Pip to install a package throws an error of unable to connect.
  • On checking firewall logs, it was stopped.
  • The settings of the AV is all default.
  1. Any specific reason why, I have to keep my firewall turned off whenever I am working?

Hello @dudday

Welcome!

1. Which Firewall is turned OFF? 
  2. Are there any events in Kaspersky Reports that reflect the "unable to connectissue? 

When Kaspersky is installed it takes over management of the Windows Firewall. 

The system should look as shown: 

image.thumb.png.cc4d561f91287fa56a0f997027a4f464.png

image.thumb.png.b79b72addceec6f07318028d44f05f76.png

image.thumb.png.c17b3c598aab039317e49a9403f43458.png

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Resource: Kaspersky for Windows, Firewall

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added 2. || added image 3, the same is for Private & Public

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Sorry for the late response as I didn't get any mail for responses to this post.

The Kaspersky firewall has to be turned off so that I can connect to the GCP and PIP installations.

This is the error I get whenever firewall is on.

image.thumb.png.13e9818215c67ca57ea415f32a6c7ab3.png

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, dudday said:
  1. Hi, Sorry for the late response as I didn't get any mail for responses to this post.
  2. The Kaspersky firewall has to be turned off so that I can connect to the GCP and PIP installations.
  • This is the error I get whenever firewall is on.

image.thumb.png.13e9818215c67ca57ea415f32a6c7ab3.png

Hello @dudday

Welcome back & thank you for the information!

1. For Community Forum mail & notifications, go to: https://forum.kaspersky.com/notifications/options/ - select Mentions & My Content - check which options have been selected.
  2. In Kaspersky Intrusion Prevention, Manage Applications - do GCP & PIP have a Trusted - GREEN status?                image.thumb.png.b77a85aac3420fef3e305dfa039582a0.png
  3. For the Kaspersky firewall has to be turned off so that I can connect to the GCP and PIP installations issue and IF there are no events that reflect the issue in *Kaspersky Reports*, please log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service, https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts  - on the support page, select either Chat or Email, then fill in the template as shown; please include a *detailed history*. Support may request logs, traces & other data, they will guide you: 

image.thumb.png.dc95a65c3078391c4cffff1b59edb27e.png

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 
Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added 2: In Kaspersky Intrusion Prevention, Manage Applications - do GCP & PIP have a Trusted GREEN status? & added image example

I feel like the app is marking every instance of pip  (because of virtual environment) as low restricted. Similar stuff goes with Gcloud application. I will register a request for the same.

• Thanks 1