Is there any way to set up IP range exclusions in Kaspersky VPN?

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

I've been having a problem lately with an image sharing website, Danbooru, where the images break while trying to load. I discovered that the site does not work well with VPN's, so I was hoping to do an IP range exclusion on it, but I cannot find any way to do that in Kaspersky VPN's settings. I also found this support page, but it appears to be out of date as there is no "websites" option in Kaspersky VPN's settings.

https://support.kaspersky.com/us/kaspersky-for-windows/21.14/128180

Is the functionality simply not available? Or is it under an option that I'm not seeing?

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Core x64 Build 19045

Application Version: 21.15.8.493

Edited by Colin Prime

5 hours ago, Colin Prime said:
  1. Is there any way to set up IP range exclusions in Kaspersky VPN?
  2. Is the functionality simply not available? 

Hello @Colin Prime

Welcome!

1. No. 
  2. Correct - Kaspersky VPN Secure Connectiоn for Windows - How to configure VPN for a selected website - Oct 2nd 2023 - ID 128180 is URL based, not IP. 
  3. To configure, select the Settings/Gear icon⚙, scroll to the 7th tab = Websites, select Settings, the 1st option = Exclusions for websites, select Settings, in the next screen - add, edit or delete data see gif

vpn-www-2024-01-14.thumb.gif.b40e15ba5dc06301a3043f2ab1579dc7.gif

IF (you) wish for Kaspersky software to be enhanced, (you're) welcome to raise a Feedback, I have a suggestion or Feedback, I have a complaint request, with  Kaspersky Customer Service: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts 

Provide as much information as possible & *define* the request clearly. All requests go thru the relevant team/s for evaluation, not all requests are successful & even successful requests may take a long time to be implemented

IF you do submit a request, please post back the Incident request number 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

1 hour ago, Colin Prime said:
  1. Is my Kaspersky VPN out of date or something? Wrong program?
  2. I must have a different Settings menu than you. There is no "Websites" tab in my Kaspersky VPN.

Hello @Colin Prime

Thank you for posting back & the extra query!

1. Select the Headset, from the left-hand-side menu, to open the Customer Service window - the Application version is shown on the 4th line OR, on the Windows hidden icons, find the VPN icon, select Help, select About, the application name & version will show: 2024-01-14_115411.thumb.png.9a9665434dd075ee92ab864d99f112bb.png
  2. Are you able to scroll down past Protocol
  3. What shows when Learn more is selected? 
  4. Where has the VPN software been installed from? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added alternative method of finding app ver

1 minute ago, Colin Prime said:

Kaspersky VPN, Version: 21.15.8.493

Scrolling past Protocol gives the options "Kill Switch", "Smart Protection", "Split Tunnelling", "Notifications", and "Additional".

Hello @Colin Prime

Thank you for posting back & the information!

Websites is *between* Split Tunnelling & Notifications: 2024-01-14_121701.thumb.png.45f3d05734f1ce2c05c8e6eb63eaf1fb.png

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

7 minutes ago, Colin Prime said:
  • Unfortunately, the option is missing in my program.

Hello @Colin Prime

(ioo), the VPN application should not show 'Install our protection app, to enhance your VPN experience', IF it's been installed correctly. 

Are you actually in CA or another location, the reason we ask is the recovery steps for fixing this issue will be different - depending on your answer - it's not a trick question, just need the correct information please so we can provide accurate info. 

Please post back?

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

I live in Canada.

I do wonder if this has to do with me having an old Kaspersky Total Security subscription rather than a straight Kaspersky Plus one. It may have to do with the following topic:

Edited by Colin Prime
  • Thanks 1

• Solution
1 hour ago, Colin Prime said:

I live in Canada.

I do wonder if this has to do with me having an old Kaspersky Total Security subscription rather than a straight Kaspersky Plus one. It may have to do with the following topic:

Hello @Colin Prime

Kaspersky Total Security comes with Free/Standard VPN, not Unlimited, *upgraded* subscriptions are on a like for like basis, so KTS *upgraded* to Plus = the AV, Free/Standard VPN, Kaspersky Premium Password Manager & Premium Kaspersky Safe Kids (for 1 year). 

A *new* Kaspersky Plus OR Kaspersky Premium subscription has Kaspersky Premium Unlimited VPN

Because you have an *upgraded* subscription, for 847 days & it never would include the Premium Unlimited VPN & to solve the issue you've encountered - it would be better to *additionally* purchase the stand-alone: Kaspersky VPN Secure Connectionhttps://www.kaspersky.ca/vpn-secure-connection

Also, read: https://www.kaspersky.ca/vpn-secure-connection#subscription

IF you do decide to purchase the standalone VPN, in our opinion it would be best to uninstall the existing VPN, however, don't do that at this stage, if you're going to do that post back so we can step you thru it please?

Even the Free/Standard VPN should have the Websites option, which leads us to think there's an issue with the install. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
pn