Is Kaspersky blocked / removed from Google Play?

Go to solution Solved by MedvedevUnited,

В 02.10.2024 в 22:53, garioch7 сказал:

@MedvedevUnited,

Thank you for your reply.  It does not address the question of WHEN or even IF the Google Play Store (GPS) Kaspersky Android version updates downloads will resume . . .

The issue was first reported, according to @Flood and Flood's wife, almost two months ago.  We were promised an update.  We were told Kaspersky was actively pursuing a solution.

I was not aware that the US ban on its citizens using Kaspersky products extended to the rest of the countries in the world who relied on GPS to automatically and seamlessly update our Android protection program. 

Would you be so kind as to explain to Kaspersky Android protection users what is being done to restore the service for which we are paying by subscription to Kaspersky?

@garioch7, thanks for your questions and comments. We understand our replies may not always meet your expectations completely but we are doing our best to keep our customers informed as much as possible. As for Google Play and Kaspersky apps I could just repeat what was posted above:

Kaspersky is currently investigating the circumstances surrounding the issue and exploring potential solutions to ensure that users of Kaspersky products can continue downloading and updating their applications from Google Play. 

While we are working to restore the availability of Kaspersky solutions at Google Play, users can continue installing and updating Kaspersky products from other mobile stores, including Galaxy Store, Huawei AppGallery, Xiaomi GetApps and others. The range of available Kaspersky products for Android is the same in each store. Learn more about Kaspersky products on mobile stores here: How to download Kaspersky applications on Android 

В 02.10.2024 в 22:53, garioch7 сказал:

@Flood and Flood's wife have eloquently explained that, regardless of my version, there is no such option for your Canadian and most of your other customers, except for those in selected countries.

Nor has Kaspersky explained why the KSN opt-in or opt-out option is only available in certain countries.  An explanation is requested again.

About KSN opt out option, yes, its availability depends on specific region as it is stated in product's documentation (see https://support.kaspersky.com/help/Kaspersky/Android_11.113/en-US/167044.htm), that's done in order to meet the requirements of the regulations governing the collection and processing of personal data that have been established in these regions.

В 03.10.2024 в 12:08, Midnight Spirit сказал:

You may want to update this page then, or place a redirect on it: https://support.kaspersky.com/KISA/MR12/en-EN/95086.htm

Hi @Midnight Spirit, welcome forum and thank you for noticing this. As @Flood and Flood's wife has already written this link reffers to a very old version of our Kaspersky for Android application (that time it was called Kaspersky Internet Security for Android) documentation. Could you clarify, please, if you foud it somewhere at our websites or just received as a search result in Google or any other search engine?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, MedvedevUnited said:

@garioch7, thanks for your questions and comments. We understand our replies may not always meet your expectations completely but we are doing our best to keep our customers informed as much as possible. As for Google Play and Kaspersky apps I could just repeat what was posted above:

Kaspersky is currently investigating the circumstances surrounding the issue and exploring potential solutions to ensure that users of Kaspersky products can continue downloading and updating their applications from Google Play. 

While we are working to restore the availability of Kaspersky solutions at Google Play, users can continue installing and updating Kaspersky products from other mobile stores, including Galaxy Store, Huawei AppGallery, Xiaomi GetApps and others. The range of available Kaspersky products for Android is the same in each store. Learn more about Kaspersky products on mobile stores here: How to download Kaspersky applications on Android 

About KSN opt out option, yes, its availability depends on specific region as it is stated in product's documentation (see https://support.kaspersky.com/help/Kaspersky/Android_11.113/en-US/167044.htm), that's done in order to meet the requirements of the regulations governing the collection and processing of personal data that have been established in these regions.

Hi @Midnight Spirit, welcome forum and thank you for noticing this. As @Flood and Flood's wife has already written this link reffers to a very old version of our Kaspersky for Android application (that time it was called Kaspersky Internet Security for Android) documentation. Could you clarify, please, if you foud it somewhere at our websites or just received as a search result in Google or any other search engine?

Hi @MedvedevUnited

https://www.google.com/search?q=kaspersky+google+play

It's several results down the list.

To be honest, I didn't notice the published date until I went back to have another look. And I probably won't be the last person to not notice it, either. Not everyone thinks to check when an article was last updated. I recommend updating the page with a brief blurb at the top stating what you've said here: that Kaspersky is temporarily unavailable, what's being done to resolve it, how long we can expect this to take, and so on. This will put people's minds at ease and show you're all over it. 

This situation in which Kaspersky finds itself sucks for everyone, staff and customers alike. I hope you and the team can get this resolved soon. 

Best of luck! 

• Thanks 1

@MedvedevUnited,

How could you mark this topic as "SOLVED" on September 29th?  It is NOT SOLVED.

We still have no updates via Google Play Store, and not only in the US.  The EU and Canada are affected, according to my information, and probably customers from many other countries as well.

It is unacceptable.  According to other security websites, Kaspersky will not be able to resolve this GPS removal. Why not just tell us that?

Regards,
Phil

• Like 1

Hi there K-Team,

I'm once again sorry about this situation and won't discuss the root cause.

In regards to the APK download, it's neat to be able to download it directly from your servers and if I'd been asked, that would be my number one source in regards to security. My only concern is that it's not currently very easy to see/assess what is the current version of the provided .apk from your servers: the downloaded file is always named:

kaspersky.apk

no matter what version is provided. Furthermore, the web site does not provide any further information's either.

Could you possibly update that, so it's easy to spot any new release?

Thanks,
Keep on going,

m.

В 05.10.2024 в 18:24, abdulmismail сказал:

I'll be porting over from AVAST to Kaspersky this week and I too couldn't find the app on Google Play. However, when I checked, it's on the Galaxy Store...

https://galaxystore.samsung.com/search?q=kaspersky

However, the product says it's from KASPERSKY LAB MIDDLE EAST FZ LLC.

Hi @abdulmismail and welcome forum!

As it was written before you can find Kaspersky applications in different mobile stores, please, see more details here: How to download Kaspersky applications on Android Indeed KASPERSKY LAB MIDDLE EAST FZ LLC is our developer account's name in Galaxy Store.

В 05.10.2024 в 18:25, Midnight Spirit сказал:

Hi @MedvedevUnited

https://www.google.com/search?q=kaspersky+google+play

It's several results down the list.

To be honest, I didn't notice the published date until I went back to have another look. And I probably won't be the last person to not notice it, either. Not everyone thinks to check when an article was last updated. I recommend updating the page with a brief blurb at the top stating what you've said here: that Kaspersky is temporarily unavailable, what's being done to resolve it, how long we can expect this to take, and so on. This will put people's minds at ease and show you're all over it. 

This situation in which Kaspersky finds itself sucks for everyone, staff and customers alike. I hope you and the team can get this resolved soon. 

Best of luck! 

Hi @Midnight Spirit, thanks, I will pass your feedback to Kaspersky for Android team. You can always find the latest version of Online Help for all Kaspersky products at https://support.kaspersky.com/help

• Like 2

В 05.10.2024 в 23:03, garioch7 сказал:

@MedvedevUnited,

How could you mark this topic as "SOLVED" on September 29th?  It is NOT SOLVED.

We still have no updates via Google Play Store, and not only in the US.  The EU and Canada are affected, according to my information, and probably customers from many other countries as well.

It is unacceptable.  According to other security websites, Kaspersky will not be able to resolve this GPS removal. Why not just tell us that?

Regards,
Phil

Hi @garioch7, currently I cannot add anything to what have already been posted. We will keep all users updated if there is any new details or important information.

13 часов назад, mokaz сказал:

Hi there K-Team,

I'm once again sorry about this situation and won't discuss the root cause.

In regards to the APK download, it's neat to be able to download it directly from your servers and if I'd been asked, that would be my number one source in regards to security. My only concern is that it's not currently very easy to see/assess what is the current version of the provided .apk from your servers: the downloaded file is always named:

kaspersky.apk

no matter what version is provided. Furthermore, the web site does not provide any further information's either.

Could you possibly update that, so it's easy to spot any new release?

Thanks,
Keep on going,

m.

Hi @mokaz and thank you for your feedback. Yeah, good notice, we already passed it to product team.

• Like 2

Hi everybody, i'm usig KES for Andoroid deployed via Play Store link generated by Kaspersky Security Center (OnPrem installation). I came across this topic and i realize that all the mobile phones of my company are offline in KSC console. If i try to start manual synch in the app it raised an error. Is this also a consequence of the removal of the app form the GPS? Thanks

Edited by Marco Esse

Hi @MedvedevUnited,

1. How to switch to the unlimited version of Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection for Android still references Google
  2. Ditto for How to restore your subscription.

At the base of the 2nd form, when users are filling in a support request: 

image.thumb.png.626ab5239f18beb179f8359677579b30.png

Doesn't Kaspersky pay people to manage their documentation, rather than relying on users to stumble over the issues? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

4 часа назад, Marco Esse сказал:

Hi everybody, i'm usig KES for Andoroid deployed via Play Store link generated by Kaspersky Security Center (OnPrem installation). I came across this topic and i realize that all the mobile phones of my company are offline in KSC console. If i try to start manual synch in the app it raised an error. Is this also a consequence of the removal of the app form the GPS? Thanks

Hi @Marco Esse, removing apps from Google Play store shouldn't cause such issue. Please, submit a ticket to Technical Support via https://companyaccount.kaspersky.com/, colleagues will assist you to deal with the issue.