Is it normal for Kaspersky to shutdown my computer after a full scan?

Lester

Basically, I set the full scan setting to extreme, ran the scan, and right has the bar on my task bar showed it was about to finish my computer shutdown out of no where. I also have it set to "keep computer turned on" so is it normal that it shut down?

Edit: Just checked event viewer and it shows the following at the same time my computer shutdown: DHCPv4 client service is stopped. ShutDown Flag value is 1

Edited by Lester

Update: I looked further into event viewer and saw the following event error 1074:

The process C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 21.3\avp.exe (DESKTOP name here) has initiated the shutdown of computer (desktop name here) on behalf of user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM for the following reason: No title for this reason could be found
 Reason Code: 0x1
 Shutdown Type: shutdown
 Comment:

I tried the full scan again though and it didn't shut it down, so I'm kind of curious as to why it shut down.

Edited by Lester

6 minutes ago, Berny said:

@Lester I am not sure that Kaspersky is the cause of your problem  , this looks like a Windows operating system issue ?

Hi @Berny, when looking in event viewer, I can see the following event id 1074 right as it shut down and it also specifically shutdown right as the scan finished:

The process C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 21.3\avp.exe (DESKTOP name here) has initiated the shutdown of computer (desktop name here) on behalf of user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM for the following reason: No title for this reason could be found
 Reason Code: 0x1
 Shutdown Type: shutdown
 Comment:

I tried doing another full scan with the same settings but it did not shutdown which is kind of odd.

Edited by Lester

@Lester

Can you locate any error notification  in your Kaspersky reports , also “code 0x1” could be caused by an irregularity in your registry ? Maybe that Kaspersky Tech Support could clarify your issue, but if I understand well you can’t reproduce this incident ? If the shutdown was systematic it should be easier to detect the reason of this malfunctioning …

1 minute ago, Berny said:

@Lester

Can you locate any error notification  in your Kaspersky reports , also “code 0x1” could be caused by an irregularity in your registry ? Maybe that Kaspersky Tech Support could clarify your issue, but if I understand well you can’t reproduce this incident ? If the shutdown was systematic it should be easier to detect the reason of this malfunctioning …

@Berny No errors that match the time I can see. I will try support if it continues happening I guess. Thanks.

• Like 1