I paid like 50$ last year for my membership...... why was it 92$ this year? [Closed]

Gaige
Go to solution Solved by richbuff,

What do you
Welcome. One day, in the fullness of time, the mysteries of marketing will be explained. Until then, search the authorized sources for you best deal. Please only purchase from authorized source.
What do you mean only purchase from authorized source? So kaspersky isn’t authorized? That doesn’t answer my question why my product 2x’Ed itself.

• Solution
I did not know where you were trying to purchase from. Yes, the official Kaspersky source is the official source. Answer, why the cost was half last year than this year: Unknown, because fullness of time has not arrived, when the mysteries of marketing will be explained. Maybe there was a special promotion last year? Maybe right now, there is no special promotion? Only God and the Marketing Department can explain such mysteries.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Most Anti-virus Companies (AVC) operate the same, and that is offer first time customers a big discount. 
The gamble by the AVC is that the customer now a “User”  will use services such as online data storage, password managers, … services that would be hard to swap out to a competitor a year later. They are called ‘carrots’. 

Call your AVC just prior to lease expiry and ask them what they’ll do to keep you as a customer. You know, pull out that ‘preferred customer’ card. If they won’t budge, go elsewhere, but ask yourself if you need any of those carrots and the answer should be ‘No’ you don’t. 

Then, if you do like carrots and not your AVC, then moving your backups, storage, VPN accesses, and even things like insurance etcetera may be a deterrent to moving for some. It’s like marrying the mob bosses daughter - it’s sure to be a long-term relationship so know who you’re getting into bed with.

For myself, all I need is a onboard anti-virus that I pay for with money that does not include bonusing the AVC with a chunk of my privacy. 

Check unbiased and accurate lab results at av-test.org - better because most ‘review’ sites are affiliates of a lot of what they review. Kaspersky is in the high ranks. 100/100 - - - that’s good BTW.