How do disable password manager ?

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

I have another password manager. Every time I want to log in to a page with my other password manager, I am getting little popups wanting me to use Kaspersky password manager.  I've been able to find anything in settings or preferences to disable Kaspersky.  
Windows 10  Chrome browser.

35 minutes ago, Eastclif said:

I have another password manager. Every time I want to log in to a page with my other password manager, I am getting little popups wanting me to use Kaspersky password manager.  I've been able to find anything in settings or preferences to disable Kaspersky.  Windows 10, Chrome browser.

Hello @Eastclif

Welcome!

1. Have you ever signed into the Kaspersky Password Manager (KPM) application
  2. Has KPM application been configured so it does not start when the OS starts? 
  3. Is the KPM extension installed in the Chrome browser? 
  4. Post an image of  "little popups wanting me to use Kaspersky password manager", we need to see what you see please? 

Thank you?

Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

Hi, thanks for your reply.  Now I'm feeling a bit silly. On a closer look, it's not actually the password manager, it's the "secure keyboard input". Which makes sense, as from what I could see in my settings, the password manager has not been set up.
The pop up disappears in a few seconds, which I didn't realize before, as I enter my log in and pw very quickly. 
So, I guess i just leave it, ignore it, it's a good thing ? 

As I said, I do feel a bit silly ? Thanks for your time.  

20220608_221959 (1).jpg

• Like 1

• Solution

Hello @Eastclif

You're most welcome?!

Not silly at all!

Thank you for the information & image?

It never hurts to ask, we're delighted the issue has been clarified; just for your information the Quick launch keyboard icon that generates a Secure Keyboard Input is enabled popup, (that you've shown in the image) & that drives many Kaspersky subscribers nuts, that popup cannot be disabled or managed in any way. 

It is possible to select Settings, select Additional, uncheck Enable Secure Keyboard Input, select Save, select Save (to confirm the action), but, that will not stop the popup, so, it's best to leave Secure Keyboard Input set at the default setting. 

Thank you?

Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
  • Thanks 1