How can I get KIS to stop spamming me? ad for Kaspersky VPN or Kaspersky password manager [Merged]

Kaspersky frequently pops up an ad for Kaspersky VPN or Kaspersky password manager, on my windows 10 machine. (I have a password manager and I am using a vpn).

This sort of intrusion is what I use anti-virus/malware software to prevent. It is obnoxious that my ant-virus software is spamming me on my own computer. How can I get this to stop?  

Hello @queshaw,

Welcome!

• For KPM, check KIS Notification Center, there should be a Recommendation, with an option to IGNORE -  image1  - does not have the exact information, however, it is similar to what should be shown. 
  • By selecting the V dropdown, Ignore should be visible, if selected, the KPM popups will stop as long as Kaspersky’s Settings are not restored to Default. If, at any time, you do need to reset or restore Kaspersky application to default, Export KIS Settings before running the Reset - image2
  • image 1

image 2

Also, in Notifications settings, image 3 - uncheck:

1. Show information about special offers
  2. Receive special offers for social network users
  3. Receive informational messages and advertisements after the current license expires
  • image 3

➡ For KSC-VPN, the above solutions may not be applicable, to enable us to work out the best solution, please post an image of the bloatware popup?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @queshaw

Additional, to manage the Kaspersky Secure Connection-VPN issue, there’s 2 options: 

• Option 1
  1. Open Windows Start menu, type in Servicesselect Kaspersky Secure Connectionselect Propertiesselect General Tab, change Startup type to Disabled and select the Recovery Tabchange all 3 Failure fields to Take no action, select Apply.
  2. Delete the Kaspersky Secure Connection shortcut from the Desktop. 
  3. After applying the change reboot the computer. 

• Option 2 - uninstall Kaspersky Secure Connection. 

➡ Imo it’s better to use Option 1.

Why?

• All Kaspersky Home AV products come with Kaspersky Secure Connection pr,e-installed in the version distribution, a new version update will re-install Kaspersky Secure Connection, the problem will return. 
  • Clearly it would be preferable if Kaspersky changed the AV product range, by providing an option to not use Kaspersky Secure Connection, as they have now done with Kaspersky Password Manager, however, atm, this solution does not exist.

Please post back if further assistance is required? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• 11 months later...

Kaspersky is SPAMMING ME FOR YEARS

Enough is enough !

Dear sirs, no excuses anymore. I wrote so many often to the Support Team that I don’t remember how many times. This belongs to all versions from KIS 2019 upwards to the latest version and it’s clearly Kaspersky’s strategy to push their products. However we have a lot of PC’s to handle with and everytime they push Kaspersky SPAM for Password Manager , VPN, and their products… removed even Parental Control to let people pay the new child protection plug-in. Even if uncheck, ignore everything and safe the settings to import them into another PC, this settings are not saved regularly. Only by modifying windows registry keys you can solve it. That’s not serious so why should I believe to this company anymore about my and my clients security? I’m waiting that licenses will end and going to the next best competitor [removed]

Kaspersky is SPAMMING US FOR YEARS

Enough is enough !

Dear sirs, no excuses anymore. I wrote so many often to the Support Team that I don’t remember how many times. This belongs to all versions from KIS 2019 upwards to the latest version and it’s clearly Kaspersky’s strategy to push their products. However we have a lot of PC’s to handle with and everytime they push Kaspersky SPAM for Password Manager , VPN, and their products… removed even Parental Control to let people pay the new child protection plug-in. Even if uncheck, ignore everything and safe the settings to import them into another PC, this settings are not saved regularly. Only by modifying windows registry keys you can solve it. That’s not serious so why should I believe to this company anymore about my and my clients security? I’m waiting that licenses will end and going to the next best competitor  [removed]

• 3 months later...